2020-W Quarters

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by furryfrog02, Jan 17, 2020.

1. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Not sure what the coloring scheme would be, but since they (u.s. mint) are planning on colorizing some of this year's (2020's) commemoratives, I figured that would be the next gimmick they'd apply to the quarters. Bunch of fools.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Wait and see on my part.

CoinCorgi likes this.
  4. CoinCorgi

Up kinda of late aren't you? Sipping on some Woodford Double Oak Bourbon tonight catchng up on things coin-wise. Cheers!

ripple and green18 like this.
  5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Johnny is keeping company with me. :)

And blast, it is way past my bed time, but I was over in the 'general' section posting some 'music......jazz rock fusion.

CoinCorgi likes this.
  6. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

Chalk me up as indifferent; every time the Mint does something to artificially spark interest in their production, other than producing actually interesting coins, I just ignore them. I'll keep my eyes open of course; I'm not an idiot, if I can sell something that costs me 25 cents for a huge markup I'd be a fool not to. But zero interest in having these in my collection. Basically as I see it these are just 25 cent lottery tickets, but the losing tickets are at least worth face value.

I'm getting tired of these decade long series and just don't care anymore. I'll finish the ATB book I already have started, but I've utterly ignored the innovator dollars and I don't care what kind of mark they put on quarters. I'd love to sell one, but no way in hell will I buy one.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  7. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

Precisely, and it's not working on me.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  8. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

I seriously hope the US Mint never colorizes any of their coins. I'd like to think they have some standards...

9. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

They are quickly heading into the RCM's territory.

10. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

Well at least I'll save money since they won't be producing anything I want to buy.

They're not producing cartoon donuts yet. Yet....

furryfrog02 likes this.
  11. furryfrog02

Don't give them any ideas...

12. CoinCorgi

13. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

You must not read the World Coins forum often lol... I admit I own a few of these "novelties" (I refuse to call them "coins" even if they technically meet the legal definition of such) because I appreciate humorous parodies of things. Even if the creators don't get the joke. (No I don't own the Simpsons donut coin from Tuvalu though. I have to draw the line somewhere.)

14. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

Well I wasn't planning on buying them without the color anyway (terrible design), so they can paint them all they like I guess. Sigh... I just hope this isn't a trend. (I hope it's not, but it probably will be.) Oh well, I don't buy that many modern US commemorative anyway, and now I will be buying them even less often.

15. furryfrog02

Oh, I spend my fair share of time there. I still can't stand that crap though. Coca-Cola coins? Donut coins? All the other garbage. Oh well, I guess whatever floats your boat :)

Troodon likes this.
  16. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

17. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Not again. I still need the last 2 for 2019. I have near perfect lowell, guam and n. Mariana island W's to trade for San Antonio and river of no return W's. But no takers. Gave a bunch to friends. So i hear ya @furryfrog02. Won't be trying for any 2020. But would like to finish 2019. Bet the ones i gave away were slabbed for MS 68. Anyone get one slabbed?

18. Cheech9712

Yeah that chased sucked

19. Cheech9712

Then i had one guy who wanted to trade. This member wanted me to post my coins. Then wanted cointalk to review and grade them.

20. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

I still don’t have the last 2 Quarters, Cheech. My source for rolls here dried up, but I’d be willing to bet that things are about to change... ;)

21. Cheech9712

Ain't any San Antonio in Buffalo yet

Draft saved Draft deleted