2020-W Quarters Released Today

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by LakeEffect, Apr 6, 2020.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

4. OzGirl

OzGirl Member

Evidently that's what they did. I was quite surprised! My photo is crappy, and anyway, they are already selling them on Ebay (I'm not). The first raw Samoa bat with the privy sold for $165 on Ebay. Insane. Now someone is selling them in lots of 8, 10 or 15 and they are averaging $23 or so in a lot. I know that's still pretty good for a quarter, but I'll hold mine. No guarantees I'll be lucky enough to get more!

LakeEffect likes this.
  5. OzGirl

OzGirl Member

Ahh, thanks @Beardigger... I see the Coinweek article says "The first wave of National Park of American Samoa quarters bearing the “P” or “D” mint mark were released February 3, 2020, and do not bear the privy mark." (which I knew) It's just interesting that they ended up releasing the bat privy quarters earlier than they had said at the beginning of the year. I sure wasn't expecting to see that the other day!

I know many of you consider anything that comes from the US Mint as garbage, and their attempt to get more people interested in money with the search for a W quarter, etc. For me, it provides some entertainment while I'm at work all day, searching for old coins and new alike. I really enjoy that opportunity that my job provides.

On the flip side, I've become more interested in money overall. I've become a member of ANA and look forward to my magazine every month. I signed up to be a member of CoinTalk last year. I'm learning more about money all around the world and thoroughly enjoying it. I have a small collection of older coinage (mostly American) but look forward to growing in my knowledge as the years go by and perhaps deciding on a more specialized collection.

Thank you for your forums here and the wealth of knowledge that I can find from other more established members!! :)

juris klavins likes this.
  6. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

("For me, it provides some entertainment while I'm at work all day, searching for old coins and new alike. I really enjoy that opportunity that my job provides.")
    Toll collector - the perfect job for a coin enthusiast! You might consider eyeballing the paper $$ for star notes and fancy serial numbers as well - keep searching for the 'good stuff' in between drive up customers ;)

7. OzGirl

OzGirl Member

Yup, I try to keep an eye on the bills also! :)

juris klavins likes this.
  8. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

on e bay they are running from 20-several hundred $$ each, good grief:dead:

9. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Do yo need a guam w quarter?

10. Cheech9712

Found 2 P minted bats last week

11. Cheech9712

Yeah that was tuff and crazy. Diving me and the tellers nuts

12. Cheech9712

Great for you. I think we only got Guam in Buffalo.

13. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Meow has that one. Meow already stashed them in the Cat hoard so Meow will dig them out to see what Meow has..............dig.....claw......Found them! Meow has eight total 4 Marianas, 2 Guams, 1 Massachusetts, and one Idaho. There getting very hard to find CRH. Meow can never guess when this Cat will find one or be empty pawed again.

Draft saved Draft deleted