2020 W Nickels

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by JustAnotherCoin, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Will the W nickels be just another coin or something special, also will there be a set of W dimes for 2021, W quarters again for 2022, W half dollars for 2023, and W dollars for 2024? Is this a new pattern?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

<sigh> I hope it's not a new pattern...

furryfrog02 likes this.
  4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I agree with Doug, though I'm not holding my breath.

Inspector43 likes this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I think the Mint was pleased with the results of the Cent last year and with the nickel announcement for this year you are probably going to be correct.

6. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

@ustAnotherCoin
    The mint has already struck a "W" Dime 1996-W 10c 1a-horz.jpg

SchwaVB57 likes this.
  7. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

To put it simply, if the US Mint thinks they can make money, they'll make it.

8. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Like I said before, just another prop to beef up sales. Purists will always want a complete set. So glad next year is my last for any new proof or mint sets. The end of the current quarter series is the end of mint products in general for me. I will continue the silver eagle collection but that's it. And just by uncirculated date. These gimmicks are also going to drive album makers bonkers. Best to just add another page to your album and don't worry which spot to put them in. I refuse to be dragged into "what's the next big thing" that I might overpay for only to find it's a crash and burn on the secondary market. .

Inspector43 likes this.
  9. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

The next thing you know, the U.S. Mint will be turning the "W" upside-down the next anniversary of something important that happened in any random town that starts with the letter "M".

Draft saved Draft deleted