2020 silver eagle change and add on.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by potty dollar 1878, Sep 24, 2020.

1. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

I guess, depending upon the price, I could consider it bullion and add it to the one Maple Leaf and one ASE already in my collection. o_O

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

The mint price for the Liberty medals was something like $70-$90. Definitely not bullion-worthy IMO.

LakeEffect likes this.
  4. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

Lately, my purchases look like a shotgun blast. I have one these and one of those and none part of a set. I would like to get at least one of the 75 coins. My dad was 16 when Pearl Harbor was blasted. As soon as he turned 17, he took his father, my grandfather to the Navy recruiting station. He was about 5'7" and he had worked in a hospital so the Navy sent him to school to be a medic/corpsman. He served in a submarine in the South Pacific from 1942 until the war was over.
    Anyway, I try to collect coins that I like. USM gold is almost out of my price range. I did buy some USM two quarter ounce proof gold coins before their prices jumped out of my range. Anyone know anything about the Mayflower coins. I understand that they are going to do another joint coin set with Canada, or.... maybe not.

LakeEffect and furryfrog02 like this.
  5. LakeEffect

For the 75 coins, I think the most economical option for regular folks is the privy-marked ASE (silver).

A better commemorative of the event (that is still affordable) is the silver 75th anniversary medal .

Both the above should be plentiful and affordable for regular collectors, unlike the 2 gold offerings.

As for the Mayflower coins, the mint's website currently shows two offerings:
    I don't think there is any collaboration with the Canadian RCM but many nations are issuing 75th commems this year, so there are a bunch to choose from.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  6. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

No the eagle on the Great Seal has ALWAYS looked to its right, where the olive branch has been griped in it right talon. (viewers left). It has never looked to its left toward the arrows.

On the early Heraldic eagle reverses of our coins in the late 1790's and early 1800's the eagle did look at the arrows, but that was because for some reason the arrows had been placed in the eagles right talon, a heraldic error as it symbolizes a preference for war on the part of the US over peace.

LakeEffect likes this.
  7. LakeEffect

A mint press release now states that, in addition to the joint US/UK proof sets, the U.S. offerings will be available individually in a REVERSE-PROOF finish.

So that makes a two-coin gold proof set, a two-piece silver proof coin & medal set, a single gold US reverse proof, and a single silver US medal reverse proof. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted