2020 Secret Santa Sign Up

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Seattlite86, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Due to snow I maybe not being able to get to town and the post office, I'll have to pass, but wish all a Merry Christmas and hope they get something neat.
    Me in Santa Hat.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I would like to do it but I don't think ya'all know me enough yet . I might forego til next year, then again, I might not be here. :yack:

CoinJockey73 and Seattlite86 like this.
  4. bradgator2

bradgator2 Well-Known Member

I’m in. Will be my first year. I have a perfect, fun gift ready to send out.

Penny Luster and Seattlite86 like this.
  5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I for 1 will not join in....and again I will reiterate we are in uncharted waters with this virus and I dont wish to send anyone a gift that may possibly kill them!
    I have googled the stats of this virus on different surfaces... most are 8 months old!
    The data is stale....as I know for a fact...as again I work in the food industry that the virus has been found in plants even after they have been broken down and cleaned and sanitized.

My concerns are genuine not to be a kill joy!
    My concerns are about my friends staying safe peroid!
    And even if we arent the best of friends here I still dont want YOU dead!
    My company is a multinational company....we collect data and share it amoung our workers so they can make good choices...!
    This is your choice....and my opinion.....but ask yourself this...
    Is a $15 gift worth your life? Is a $15 gift sent to a member with a compromised health concerns that may kill them worth it?
    How would you feel? Really?

I guarantee that somewhere in the next 10 days our death rate here in the U.S. is going to be off the charts.

Ok let me have it..... as I rather take a rash of crap from you all now....then posting in a thread how much you will be missed!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Seattlite86 likes this.
  6. bradgator2

bradgator2 Well-Known Member

Definitely do whatever you feel keeps you and your family the safest.

Kasia, Seattlite86 and Paddy54 like this.
  7. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Well, besides spelling ya'll wrong, you've certainly made the 200 post minimum :p feel free to PM me if you'd like to participate.

No harm in wishing others safety Paddy. Each must do what they feel comfortable with. I hope you're doing well, we should catch up soon offline.

CoinJockey73 and Cheech9712 like this.
  8. Paddy54

Today is November 27 2020 with a death toll in the U.S. alone of over 263K....lets revist this in 10 days December 7 2020 yep 10 days from now.....and see how many trips to grandma's yesterday for a turkey dinner ended up in a box.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  9. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Been waiting for this SS since last year. Enjoyed it then and I'm looking forward to it again. Thanks for taking it to task @Seattlite86

Oh yeah, I'm in!

10. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

@Seattlite86 Thanks for taking up the reins once again, and keeping this tradition alive!

Seattlite86 likes this.
  11. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I have already decided what I want to send. For safety sake, I may wrap it in one of the hand wipes, unless there may be a way to protect the "item" and the members.

Seattlite86 and Paddy54 like this.
  12. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

If there is ANY thought you might not be here next year, that's reason to get in!!!

13. Penny Luster

Penny Luster Well-Known Member

We know you well enough! You are a valuable member and we want to play Secret Santa with you!

Seattlite86 and Jim Dale like this.
  14. Joshua Lemons

Joshua Lemons Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm in finally

Seattlite86 and Penny Luster like this.
  15. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

I will participate.

16. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Pooper......

I'm in Brandon........PM to follow.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  17. Paddy54

You know Ken...if you were every sober enough to craw out of a scotch bottle,you maybe would be able to discuss current events.... But no instead your nothing less than the "Otis Cambell" of coin talk! :) touche'

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  18. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Hey Folks,

Thank you for everyone who signed up so far! We've got a good number of participants, one volunteer extra santa to cover for a grinch, and one international participant. I'll send out the first batch of names by Sunday evening. The more that participate, the harder it will be to guess your secret santa :)

Here's an image of what states are represented this year (WA isn't marked because I do not participate when I run it)

I hope everyone is getting into the holiday spirit, we've already got our tree up (we don't start before Thanksgiving). :)

amCharts (4).jpg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  19. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

No green for NY? :(

CoinJockey73 and Amos 811 like this.
  20. Good Cents

Good Cents Well-Known Member

I too don't think people know me enough yet, but I'm going to join because it's really just good, clean, fun.

Seattlite86 and Penny Luster like this.
  21. Good Cents

Good Cents Well-Known Member

Question: Looking at last year's gift postings, it looks like people spent a lot more than $15. I'm okay for $30 or so, but I've got to stay within a budget. OTOH I don't want to seem like a cheapskate and send a $25-30 gift to someone who sent a $60-75 gift to someone else.

Seattlite86 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted