2020 Secret Santa Sign Up

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Seattlite86, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I think it is down to you and I to post. Tracking says mine should arrive on Monday,
    I am keeping my fingers crossed. In the mean time everyone have a wonderful new years eve!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Good Cents

Good Cents Well-Known Member

Me too. I'm still waiting...

Happy & Healthy New Years Wishes to All!

4. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Got my present today and oh, am I happy :D:D:D

My SS was very thought out and creative! I received some really good chocolate :happy: a silver??? Proof Buffalo round, some 2x2's (which I needed actually), a beautiful '47-D MS-65 Washington Quarter, and a 1915-S VG-08 Lincoln Cent, fantastic additions to my stomach and collection, thank you Secret Santa!!! IMG_20201231_180406691.jpg IMG_20201231_180713334.jpg

Gilbert, Amos 811, dchjr and 15 others like this.
  5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Columbian Half Dollars are a passion to me. The first commem my father ever showed me. I love ungraded raw specimens. Enjoy your gift, my friend.....

Kentucky, NLL, Amos 811 and 5 others like this.
  6. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

20210103_194656.jpg 20210103_194647.jpg It was worth the wait! Five uncirculated foreign coins four of which are silver! Thank you Secret Santa! 20210103_194656.jpg 20210103_194656.jpg 20210103_194647.jpg

Gilbert, green18, spirityoda and 10 others like this.
  7. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

8. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Thanks I certainly will! One of the first coins I bought was a a Colombian half dollar along with a Stone Mountain half. One day I will also have the 1892 dated version of the half dollar.

Chris B and ZoidMeister like this.
  9. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Finally got the time to photo my SS gift. The best for now as I think I may do a GTG on this one.
    Santa sent me a bright RD 37D Lincoln in a PCGS slab.
    Thanks Santa!
    upload_2021-1-6_6-21-25.png
    upload_2021-1-6_6-22-11.png

10. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

spirityoda and Pickin and Grinin like this.
  11. Good Cents

Good Cents Well-Known Member

Am I last? Well, my first Secret Santa turned out to be an impostor! :( He made promises but never sent Brandon the tracking info, etc.

BUT, when REAL Santa found out about it he got straight to work and raced over to bring me 2 Gorgeous Gifts which made me happy as ever! :):):)

Check out these 2 beautiful 1948 PCGS slabbed Red Cents! One 1948-S & one 1948-D.

Thank you Santa for coming through and making me a happy camper!

And thank you Brandon for all the time and effort you put into organizing our holiday fun!

Front 1.jpg Front 2.jpg Back.jpg

Gilbert, green18, spirityoda and 15 others like this.
  12. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Well, it's time for a Secret Santa four month update.

My Kris Kringle knew that I was an exonumia hound (aroooo) . . . .

He did his homework and found something really esoteric to send my way. I've never seen one of these before, never knew they existed, but their design was compelling . . . .

To be specific and save everyone from having to read this entire thread from the top, I'm referring specifically to the 1924 Cologne Cathedral medal I was gifted . . . .

IMG_1404.JPG IMG_1405.JPG

Well my "dogged" pursuit of all things exonumia has not abated in the least over the past four months, so imagine my surprise when I saw the twin to my gift on fleaBay . . . .

20210413_223803.jpg 20210413_223825.jpg

Now the one on the bay is probably a little cleaner than mine, but its been "holed" which is a huge distraction in my world. I MUCH prefer the toning and character the one Santa gave me has.

Imagine my "shock and awe" when I saw the fleaBay valuation of the only other (less desirable) example I have seen . . . .

Screenshot_20210413-214511_eBay.jpg

Thanks again Santa!

Zoid

13. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Kasia and ZoidMeister like this.
  14. ZoidMeister

It came in back in December. I just bumped it because I saw that Fer Sail listing on the bay . . . . . . .

I thought my Covert Nikolas would get a kick out of it . . . . . . .

Z

masterswimmer likes this.
  15. ZoidMeister

Just last night I found another GEM in the lot of exonumia items Secret Santa sent me.

It seems this 2004 Maui Trade Dollar has a fairly notable and respected designer, Heidi Wastweet.

I think I'll start an alternate thread on this one.

Z

IMG_1409.JPG IMG_1410.JPG IMG_1411.JPG IMG_1412.JPG

Heidi Wastweet.JPG

Seattlite86 and sonlarson like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted