2020 Secret Santa Sign Up

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Seattlite86, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Welcome to the Tenth Annual CoinTalk Secret Santa!

Please take the time to read this message to the end before sending me a private message with your information.

Rule #1
    Raise your left hand and read the following aloud as your family looks at you like you're crazy.
    I, (state your CT name), do solemnly swear to follow the golden rules of the CoinTalk Secret Santa gift exchange.
    I will ship out a gift out in a timely manner,
    and I will post images of my fine gifts after Santa delivers them.

Rule #2
    Reread rule #1. These simple principles cannot be overstated. This exchange cannot exist without the fair participation off all members who sign up. The need to post images and thank your Santa seems like common sense to me, but so often gifts are delivered and no acknowledgement or images are posted by the recipients. These outcomes have discouraged some members from participating in subsequent years. Please, understand that this isn't just about you, if you don't post pictures or at least a description of what, you've received, nobody else will get to enjoy the gift (it doesn't matter if you like the gift, it's the thought that counts!). So, please... no Grinches this year.
    Rule #3
    Participation requires that you have a post count of at least 200 and that you are in good standing with previous gift exchanges. If you have been a bad Santa in any previous year of the exchange, you will not be permitted to participate again. You know who you are, and my spreadsheet that has every last detail of the last four years also knows who you are.

Rule #4
    This exchange is open to collectors of all types of collectors, world, US, ancient, roll searchers, silver stackers and otherwise. As long as rule #3 doesn't apply to you, you are welcome.

Everything else...
    1. The gift must be numismatic.
    2. Please use $15 as the target gift value (If you want to go higher, that is up to you)
    3. If you would like to participate, PM me your mailing address as soon as possible.
    4. Deadline for entry is Saturday, December 7th and I should be able to get your recipients address to you that same week, hopefully by Friday.
    5. I reserve the right to deny somebody the privilege to play if I do not trust them.

• A few of you asked to send gifts to a particular person in past years; if you guys are friends or otherwise just want to exchange with each other, please let me know this with your entry, but it kind of defeats the entire point and "Secret" part of Secret Santa. I really wish you'd reconsider.
    • Please do not ask me to let you choose your own Santa just because you like the gifts that they give. This is going to be done randomly and as fairly as possible.
    • If you're still reading this, thank you very much, Santa will put you on his Nice list this year! Mention this quote in your entry as a scientific data point I'll post the results... now back to the rules.
    If the gift comes early, as a challenge try to restrain your excitement of wanting to tear it open and wait until Christmas. Whether or not you're successful with part A, please take the time to post what you received from your Secret Santa and thank them for their generosity. This also lets your Santa know that you gift has not been lost in the mail, and it lets all the others share in the fun.

About gift selection; you can either find out what your recipient collects, or just send them something totally random. It seems that coin collectors just like coin related items, and will appreciate anything that you send. Doing a simple search of your recipient's posts should give you a basic idea of what they like.

I'm sorry, but this will be open to US residents only unless a few volunteers sign up to ship internationally. We usually have a few volunteers, so please don't let this discourage you from signing up if your are outside of the US. US residents, please let me know if you are willing to ship internationally when you send me your information.

If you want to participate, please send me a PM with your name and address. I am the new Santa year, I do not have your address, so please include all necessary info in your message.

One more thing, and this is important:

Simply posting that you are "in" on this thread does not get you into the exchange. You must send me a PM, and I must confirm your entry.

Sorry for all of the rules and such, but the more people that we have happy on Christmas, the more that will join the following year.

Happy Holidays and SIGN UP!

*P.S.* We've had some in the past not receive a gift, and I very much enjoy the spirit and fun this brings each year. I don't want people to not sign up because they think they might not receive a gift in return. I will personally ensure everyone who participates receives a gift. I may not be able to follow every post on here, so please reach out to me the day after Christmas if you didn't receive a gift. If I somehow missed you last year and you participated but did not receive a gift, please message me so I can get our elves on it!

CoinJockey73 and Amos 811 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

4. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Did you say international? I am in and will ship to any country with a post office :)

09494CC6-210A-4D4F-B139-6412BD8890F4.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  5. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

Awesome. One of my favorite things of the year.

Kasia and Seattlite86 like this.
  6. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Seattlite86 likes this.
  7. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

A ray of hope in a weird year. Thanks @Seattlite86 for your soon to be hard work.

Kasia and Seattlite86 like this.
  8. Penny Luster

Penny Luster Well-Known Member

I am in! This is my first year, so upon my word of honor
    I, Penny Luster, do solemnly swear to follow the golden rules of the CoinTalk Secret Santa gift exchange.
    I will ship out a gift out in a timely manner,
    and I will post images of my fine gifts after Santa delivers them.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    Seattlite86 likes this.
  9. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Seattlite86 likes this.
  10. Seattlite86

You'll need three more posts to make the cut ;)

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  11. Seattlite86

Good to see so many folks joining in. I'll be busy today and will get to all your messages tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving!

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  12. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

I'm in!!

Seattlite86 likes this.
  13. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I'm not in but good luck to all who are... Safe and happy holidays!

Seattlite86 likes this.
  14. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I can't believe i've had 540 posts. I love this idea. This is my first year, and I'm in.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  15. Joshua Lemons

Joshua Lemons Well-Known Member Supporter

How do we check our post count

16. Penny Luster

Penny Luster Well-Known Member

OK I made it!

Seattlite86 likes this.
  17. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Hey I would like to join. Pm me and I’ll know that I can gift someone. I don’t do a lot of pictures though. Hoping that most of us know and understand my discription. Thanks

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  18. Seattlite86

Click on your user name from a post. You're at 160...

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  19. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

20. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Let it happin, Cappin

21. Beefer518

Beefer518 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted