2020-S Silver Proof Sets sales at 183,456

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by ernie11, Apr 22, 2020.

1. ernie11

ernie11 Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Could the mint just make more if they run out?

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Yes, there is no mintage limit on this set. They just had 190,000 sets on hand before they went on sale. At the moment the S mint is shut down, but the mint said they "may" make more. I think a lot of people believe that 190K is it, but my bet is they will keep selling them and then when the mint reopens they will strike all the back orders.

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Everyone thinks it's limited to 190,000 donit will be a low mintage. Actually there is no limit so I'm sure the Mint will make more.

6. SamuelFred1

SamuelFred1 I Guess I'm Kind Of a Decent Member at This Point?

The website says that the sales are not limited, so you are right.

7. erscolo

erscolo Well-Known Member

Well my subscription order is still "processing" so I guess no sets this time around. Whether they make more or not I do not know. It seems silver is all tied up with this pandemic lunacy.

A subsequent chat with them came back that they are still processing orders, and no idea where in that process they are. No credit card charge, so no money tie up either.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  8. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Do these sales figures take into account the 2 bundle options that include the 2020 silver proof set?

20RH, BNDL_PROOFSETS20, BNDL_SPROOFSET20

9. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

As I understand it, yes the # available (190K) includes the bundle sets.

CoinCorgi likes this.
  10. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

11. Long Beard

Long Beard Well-Known Member

My order for two was in on the day of issue and in transit. And I agree with the above, they will strike more as demand increases. After July I would guess.

ernie11 likes this.
  12. erscolo

Patience is a virtue....I wish I had more of it. My two sets are now on their way. Filling orders for nearly 200,000 sets cannot be an easy or quick job.

ernie11 likes this.
  13. ernie11

ernie11 Member

2020-S Silver Proof Sets sales at 190,942 as of 4/26 - still unavailable.

14. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I received a notice that mine shipped yesterday and is due for delivery this Saturday. Only took a week from when I ordered.

ernie11 likes this.
  15. erscolo

No doubt more will be made. The price was raised, there is demand.

16. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

My set is scheduled to be delivered by the end of the day on Friday.

17. Murphy45p

Murphy45p Active Member

Received mine yesterday.

ernie11 likes this.
  18. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

Received my set yesterday too. It looks pretty good. It will be interesting to see the demand on the sets during the COVID-19 crisis. I think that the mint will make to the demand.

2020 Silver Proof Set (Obverse).JPG 2020 Silver Proof Set (Reverse).JPG

ernie11 and onecenter like this.
  19. bradgator2

bradgator2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, got mine Friday. I looked it over, gave a little shrug, then set it aside.

The “frost” is interesting under some mag. Looks like it was laid on there with a 3d printer laser or something. There is a definite grid pattern in it.

20. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I'm not too impressed with the reverse proof nickel. What are your thoughts?

21. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

I received my set yesterday also. It's very nice set with no spots or any problems.

I am not a big fan of reverse Proofs. I don't think that they are attractive for the most part. The nickel does not amount to much in my opinion, but I don't maintain albums with which I have to fill all the holes. I'm sure that those collectors like them.

Draft saved Draft deleted