2020 P Quarterlack Problems reverse Salt River Bay

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by AdamKilledAbel, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Anyone have Any Insight with this Quarter , Much obliged nonetheless. Screenshot_20201210-220256_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20201210-220256_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20201210-220356_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20201210-220307_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20201210-220256_Gallery.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

4. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but not seeing anything in your photos!!! the outer rim of coins are incuse in the coin and not dd

5. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

It would help a lot if you could tell us what we're looking for. From your photos it looks like a normal quarter. If you post new pics, please reduce the glare. Thank you.

6. Mark68

Mark68 Well-Known Member

7. Sorry bout earlier pics to all that cannot see said error or flaw depicted . Thus bringing us to Numerous more pics and The Lord said let there be pics or light , I forget which actually .. nonetheless Your Insight will be Much Appreciated and So will your Insolence !lol Happy Holidays to All from here and abroad

Attached Files:

8. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies Well-Known Member

I believe it's due to over pressure on the die. Although it did happen at the mint, I don't believe it carries a premium.

9. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Pictures aren't very helpful but I think what you are trying to capture in your pictures is known as "rolling machine damage".

Coins go in to a hopper and piled in 50s and paper wrapped around them to make the rolls. The ends of the paper are pushed and crimped down to seal the rolls.

The crimping function, the part that does it, a lot of times can gouge a circular pattern on the end coins of the rolls. depending on which side is facing up on the end.

It's not a mint made error, it's bank/circulation damage. the more you hunt coins the more you are going to see it.

Capture 5465.PNG Capture5466.PNG Capture5467.PNG

10. 2manyhobbies

The difference between the op's coin and that last representation is the anomaly lies under the date and not over top of it. I still stand behind my original assurmation that it's a result of a over pressure strike.

AdamKilledAbel likes this.
  11. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

that is coin roller damage it's on both sides of the coin meaning that the coin has been on the roll ender Few times in its life on its O/R

12. This isn't from a rolling machine , you can see it's part of the inlay image just not cut off it just continues over the year . But to the some that can see it Thanks , To this who can't , better luck next dime

13. Not on both sides , like the gentleman said "it's under the numbers" . So with that said take it into consideration when "trying to look at the pics . I honestly don't know what they look like on your end . I've seen images get blurry in some cases after they leave my phone

14. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

If you click on the link posted by @Mark68 you will find the line is not under the date. It only appears to be under the date as the date is incuse and the roller will go right over it without leaving a mark.

John Burgess and 2manyhobbies like this.
  15. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I don't see anything other than PMD = Post Mint Damage.

16. 2manyhobbies

I stand corrected!

17. Agree to disagree then .. I'm saying either way if it's "Under the Numbers" or "Not" it still lines up with the inlay circle ridge , that part is usually recessed a little before the numbers . How is that "Post Mint Damage" please explain ..?? "So you're saying there's a chance " (LLoyd Voice)

Attached Files:

19. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

you have not shown us FULL COIN PHOTOS OF O/R Clear and in focus. Roller damage sorry i stick with what is see eftgr.png only the red is incused.
    just damage nothing more

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  20. Raizac

Raizac Well-Known Member

if you believe that you have something then you will want to send it in to be attributed this will cost you money. this is the adage of spending money to make money are you really willing to spend 10 to 50 US dollars. on a quarter that is only worth .25c to find out that cointalk ppl are right your choice

AdamKilledAbel likes this.
  21. I merely asked what it was called ..Not trying to send it anywhere just couldn't find any Intel via Interweb No Luck so figured I'd ask a room full of Extraordinary Ladies and Gentlemen , Insight is all I seek. Not Money , Information is way more Valuable
    Sorry the camera is what it is . Can please everyone sorry

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted