2020-D Marshall Billings Rockefeller Vermont Quarter Error

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by tdlee22, Feb 18, 2022.

1. tdlee22

tdlee22 New Member

I am trying to find out if anyone has seen this error in the 2020-D Marshall Billings Rockefeller Vermont Quarter. The "ship" in Stewardship is misaligned with Steward.

Thanks,
    Tracy Lee

image000002.jpg image000001.jpg image000000.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Hello and welcome. What are you saying? It looks fine from here.;)

CoinJockey73 and 1stSgt22 like this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Looks perfectly normal to me too.

1stSgt22 likes this.
  5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I guess the only way to tell is with some other coins that are the same or use a micrometer. It may have been part of the design intentionally. There are some strange element design issues with most series of the quarters. I wondered why there were no stars on the New York ATB design flag. Maybe not enough room to do it without a lot of complaints from the public. The bridle is partly missing on the Massachusetts State quarter. There are others.

1stSgt22 likes this.
  6. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

If the letters were misaligned, then EVERY Marshall Billings quarter would be the same. Letters aren't stamped into individual working dies. The letters are placed on the the master hub, which is used to make master dies, which are used to make working hubs, which make working dies, which strike coins.

If you understand the die making process, you'll know that what you think you see isn't possible

Some good reading

https://www.coinnews.net/2014/01/06/how-the-denver-mint-makes-dies-to-produce-coins/

https://www.doubleddie.com/58201.html

7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

As mentioned above, appears normal to me, but then I didn't bother to take the time to enlarge the photo to see what you were talking about.

Please post photos Full Image (after uploading, two buttons appear: thumbnail and Full Image. Click on Full Image so the photo embeds in the post and can be easily enlarged).

8. tdlee22

tdlee22 New Member

Thank you for your help guys! I appreciate it!

Draft saved Draft deleted