2020 Cents

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Collecting Nut, May 15, 2021.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The other day I went to one of the places that is close by that I buy antiques for my shop from. Only found 2 items for the shop. As I was paying I glanced in the “leave a Penny, take a Penny” tray. Two coins caught my attention. I know the clerk that was working so I asked if I could have them to which he said yes.

These are in really good shape so into the album they go.
    E9052877-CA53-4C9B-95F3-E6776DEEFDC4.jpeg BD3C6D62-A1A5-459B-8236-CB0E3278657C.jpeg 75C47812-5A5C-4581-B7C7-547B0EED8055.jpeg 30268B37-C652-4560-BDC5-84922B331EDB.jpeg

GH#75, Eric the Red, Scott J and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. William F

William F Well-Known Member

Nice, I got tired of seeing these at my job lol, at the end of a shift there would be several dollars worth of BU 2020 cents in the tip jar... People would just dump them in.

Eric the Red and SensibleSal66 like this.
  4. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

What has this World come to tipping Pennies in a tip jar ? Cheep ..... I only tip with Currency not change . :p

CaptainMac and Eric the Red like this.
  5. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Why don't you just do this? Maybe it's your lucky day?

Eric the Red likes this.
  6. William F

LOL, same here, I don't like to let my coins/change go... at least not without thoroughly looking them over first:p

CaptainMac and Eric the Red like this.
  7. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

Dear lord we are all the same. I never give back change only cash tips. I just can't bring myself to do it:)

8. CaptainMac

CaptainMac Gotta Love Those Errors and Varieties!

I did the same when I had a retail job a while back! Actually got myself a 1909 Wheat cent at one point. Not a VDB, but a 1909 nonetheless! I came across silver from time to time as well. Store managers were nice enough to let me swap out my finds with other change from my car and such.

9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Read the OP again. It was "leave a penny, take a penny" not a tip jar.

10. William F

True @Mountain Man but Sal was not referring to the OP he was referring to my post about the tip jar at my workplace;)

Draft saved Draft deleted