2020 ASE Proof - On the way back to the mint

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by USS656, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Call them on Monday!

USS656 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Wally Taylor

Wally Taylor New Member

You're looking at 6 to 8 weeks. They throw them in a pile.

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I believe they give you a credit on your card and you have to reorder don't you?

5. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

They give you options on the return sheet. I opted for replacement.

6. USS656

it's on it's way, fingers crossed

7. USS656

Received replacement today. As a note, it took 21 days from the time they received my return to the time I received the replacement. Not great, but not bad. Wish they had a system that would notify you that they received the return so you knew it was received okay. The new coin looks good. A little dust inside but considerably less than the 1st. Glad to have it behind me!

upload_2020-2-11_15-2-49.png

upload_2020-2-11_15-3-41.png

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    NSP and -jeffB like this.
  8. USS656

A year later and here we go again - the 2021 proof is going back to the mint for a quality issue. I am unhappy as a customer of the US Mint because of a few different issues on how they operate. I look forward to the change of this design so I can buy less from them. How hard is it so inspect coins when the issues are so obvious?
    20210304_123803 2.jpg 20210304_123803 1.jpg

David Betts and slackaction1 like this.
  9. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

That got me to take a second look at mine. I got lucky, I suppose.

David Betts likes this.
  10. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I took a flyer on the 2014 gold Kennedy commems, and bought the limit, five of them. Every stinkin' one of them had that same kind of issue -- hazy arcs around the periphery. I sent them all back. I bought one years later for around spot, and it had two copper-colored spots, but no haze.

11. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

This is why I don't deal with the mint and probably never will.

12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I sent every one back except for one, and I wasn't enthralled with the one I kept either. Marked the first time that I ever sent a mint product back due to issues

13. green18

So sorry Darryl........ya won't get a replacement. Better to sell in the aftermarket and get a few profit shekels......

14. USS656

It's going back, if I do not get a replacement then I will buy one in the after market. Sorry to hear you also had issues.

Unfortunately what the mint seems to forget is that customers have long memories, at this point I would be okay if they got out of the business of supplying coins to the collector community. They have had issues for a while that they have not been able to fix and it is ultimately the Directors fault. Until they get a Director that truly cares about Customer Service and more importantly Quality they are doomed to continue to make the same mistakes. I would imagine they are ISO certified, I would love to have a long talk with their Certification company.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    green18 likes this.
  15. USS656

Okay, our tax dollars at work - I'd give this program a D grade based solely on my experiences over the last couple of years as an external customer. Customer Satisfaction should be within the scope of any ISO 9001 program. The Mint apparently does not have the expertise or bandwidth to run an internal program so they sub it out to two different companies who may not suffer in reputation when the mint fails to deliver quality or improve where there are systemic issues to/for their customers. I question the wisdom of this philosophy...

Own it, live it, do it, improve it and verify it. If I was the Director this is the philosophy I would be pushing down through the organization.
    • Own it - You are the one responsible
    • Live it - Believe this is your mantra and everyone plays a critical part
    • Do it - Empower the people, train them, and monitor progress
    • Improve it - Identify your systemic issues, identify the root causes and make changes
    • Verify it - Make sure the changes address the systemic issues

https://dynamis.com/united-states-m...contract-to-implement-iso-9001-certification/

UNITED STATES MINT AWARDS DYNAMIS WITH IDIQ CONTRACT TO IMPLEMENT ISO 9001 CERTIFICATION
    Oct 10, 2018
    Dynamis is excited to announce that the United States Mint awarded us with an Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract to both design and implement an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS) within their Manufacturing Directorate, covering their four manufacturing sites located in Philadelphia, Denver, San Francisco, and West Point.

Together with sub-contractor, Radian Compliance, Dynamis will identify the QMS scope and assist in identifying and resolving support requirements for the entire ISO 9001:2015 Implementation and Certification process for the United States Mint. Dynamis will develop the United States Mint’s ISO QMS, including assessments, training, identification of processes, process improvements, risk management and documentation development—all intended to enhance the overall quality of the digital design, die manufacturing, and coining processes at each of the production site.

The IDIQ support will include: Assessment, Identification of Requirements, Implementation (Requirements of Products and Services, Documentation Development, Training), Analysis and Evaluation, Improvement, and Internal and External Audits.

Dynamis is honored to support the United States Mint with both the improvement of the quality of their processes and systems and the fulfillment of their mission.

16. green18

Waste of money .

David Betts likes this.
  17. David Betts

David Betts Elle Mae Clampett cruising with Dad

Agreed I had the auto enrollment questioning should I open? Wanted to keep fully intact? Finally opened the 2nd I was able to get truly a amazing coin even still! Hope Daryl gets a replacement! A few blue felt specks on outside of capsule that's it. TY for post 2021w ASEobv.JPG 2021w ASE.JPG

USS656 and -jeffB like this.
  18. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

And people wonder why the Chinese are taking advantage of so many people.

19. David Betts

Just hire 15-20 Locals around West Point who could use the jobs and do fulfillment in house and under US Mint controls? Seems a no brainer? Every time you outsource a service you lose control of that service? Seen any filling stations that still wash your windows or ask to check your oil?

USS656 likes this.
  20. David Betts

Watch the gold proofs next record sell out?

Draft saved Draft deleted