2020 $1 Connecticut gold dollar.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by potty dollar 1878, Sep 25, 2020.

1. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Just another ditto thing they are really trying this year. Screenshot_20200925-084312_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200925-084359_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200925-084422_Chrome.jpg

NOS likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

This is not a series that interests me. Of the upcoming offerings from the mint, I look forward to the centennial Peace and Morgan dollars and the new design ASE. I am hoping that the two centennial dollars will be perfect replicas of the real things.

NSP, pomyluy and YoloBagels like this.
  4. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Ditto for Geezer's remark.

5. whopper64

whopper64 Well-Known Member

I have no interest in the Innovation series. What the mint should have done was to give these coins an enhanced finish to give them some distinction. Mint should have learned after the Presidential series that collectors are not going to buy anything and everything just because it's new. What I did with the ATB series was to collect all biz strike "S" and "W" (after the idiotic prices went down) and combine them with the regular biz strike and silver/clad proof quarters. And I have Mint uncirculated P & D, as well as Mint uncirculated for circulation P & D. Also, and this may be unique, I researched vintage postcards to match the national parks as minted each year. There are only a few without postcards, so I captured authentic copies of photos of the ATB's so that all ATB's are represented. Nice to see what I am collecting.

6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

'Yawn'........

7. pomyluy

pomyluy Member

Are the centennial dollars actually happening? If so, I can't wait for 2021. The other upcoming offerings from the US Mint look...pretty awful. I don't have high hopes for a good design being selected for the ASE's reverse, most modern US coins seem to be designed with zero thought about the obverse and reverse complementing each other. Based on the CCAC/CFA meetings, we'll end up with a mishmash of the Walking Liberty design on one side with some ugly clip art on the other.

8. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

Innovation dollars are quite possibly the least compelling series ever offered by the U.S. Mint, at least in my lifetime, IMHO.

P.S. - Samuel Colt's work was far more innovative than whatever that thing is on the Connecticut coin, but I understand the choice. (btw, I grew up in Connecticut)

P.P.S. - To the OP, instead of screen grabs, consider posting a brief synopsis of the article and then a link. It's easier to read. Thanks.

9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Don't hold your breath. So far at least three bills authorizing them have been introduced in the past year and a half. None of them have ever come back out of committee and 2021 is only 3 months off. And if they don't come out before the Congress adjourns in December the bills will be dead and have to start all over again.

10. LA_Geezer

Yes, and there's a new thread on the subject started recently that provides this link.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/house-approves-2021-morgan-and-peace-dollars

pomyluy likes this.
  11. LA_Geezer

I hope the Coin World article refutes this.

That special ASE that is due to arrive in November should be interesting as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted