2019D Broken Shield Penny?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Christopher Timper, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Christopher Timper

Christopher Timper New Member

I was searching through a roll of uncirculated 2019 D pennies, and found this possible die crack. All pictures are from different pennies on the roll.

Attached Files:

alurid likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Was it really necessary to post five images? I still don't see anything.

Chris

4. Christopher Timper

I guess I should have been specific about the location. The crack runs along the top of the shield, left side. The crack is on the top of the device.

alurid likes this.
  5. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

Top-left of the shield cracks all of the time. You'll find it on every year of the shield cent. No clue why it's always there, but it is.

6. Christopher Timper

And another lesson learned. Getting your bubble burst seems to be a common thing in this hobby.

7. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

Knowledge is power though. It could be a rare occurrence and then we would tell you it's still worth only a cent (which is true). So you lucked out in that. Die cracks, chips, and alike are fun to find, but they aren't really worth anything.

I still keep die cracks and chips, but if I find 3 or more of the same thing, I keep the 2 best and throw the rest back. It's a hobby and a collection. Collect what you like. Most of my circulation finds aren't worth the cost of the 2x2s and sure aren't worth the binders and pages when it comes to resell value. It's fun to find reference specimens and keep an on-hand library you can look at.

Christopher Timper likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted