2019 - Year in Review and Top 8

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Clavdivs, Dec 6, 2019.

1. thejewk

thejewk Well-Known Member

I thought so, I have a well worn example of the type:

Hadrian Sestertius.jpg

panzerman, Spaniard, TheRed and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. nicholasz219

nicholasz219 Well-Known Member

@Clavdivs

What a great year for you! I didn’t see the JC problem coin but your replacement is a healthy great example.

Your coin cabinet is something to be very proud of: I and most collectors on here would be thrilled to own it.

All of your coins are great and especially considering that you worked with a budget. I collect in the same price range which makes the challenge of adding coins more fun weirdly because you have to do more searching. And let’s be honest, if we weren’t in love with the hunt, we wouldn’t be doing this anyway.

I think Dane from Wildwinds has a really helpful chart on her Constantine I page or somewhere that has a list of those altar types as on your coin. Because LRBs don't really command crazy prices one of my million sub collections are the different altar types along with helmet styles on those coins. Endlessly fascinating stuff to me.

Justin Lee, rrdenarius and Clavdivs like this.
  4. Tusky Ranger

Tusky Ranger Active Member

Wow - can you build me a cabinet!! :cool:

Clavdivs likes this.
  5. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

A very special mention to your coin cabinet : great accomplishment
    I like the adoptive emperors set too

Q

Clavdivs likes this.
  6. Spaniard

Spaniard Well-Known Member

Great year @Clavdivs ....Love the cabinet!
    My favourites are for sure the JC bronze but I do like that little busy bee!

Clavdivs likes this.
  7. AncientJoe

AncientJoe Well-Known Member

Great coins and a beautiful cabinet! That's one of the nicest coin cabinets I've ever seen, mixing modern and classical styles.

Clavdivs likes this.
  8. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

I agree, fantastic coins and a beautifull cabinet to house them. Congrats on a great coin/cabinet year:) You now have me thinking of getting a nice cabinet.....

9. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

The coin cabinet is fantastic @Clavdivs . I enjoy wood working and hope to build my own cabinet someday so I especially appreciated your cabinet thread. I also appreciate your diamond in the rough approach to collecting. My favorite is your JC / Augustus. Nice addition and great list.

Clavdivs likes this.
  10. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

Very inspiring, @Clavdivs ! Your coin acquisitions are great. My favorite is (Licinius I) the one you’re using for your avatar/icon. And, yours is certainly the Ritz-Carlton of coin cabinets.

Clavdivs likes this.
  11. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

Draft saved Draft deleted