2019 War in the Pacific quarter with W mintmark

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by JTL, Dec 5, 2021.

1. JTL

JTL Member

This afternoon I received in my change from the gas station a 2019 War in the Pacific quarter with a W mintmark. I so seldom see these that I am wondering if it has any collectors value (or potential future value)? Thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Yes W quarters do have value,within the $10-$20 range average nice find.

4. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

There were only 2 million minted. None sold by the mint. They were dropped directly into circulation. Many collectors would like one in their collection. I suspect as time goes by, value will increase.

5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Premium over face? Not to me, but some might be collecting them and pay a bit more than 25¢ for it.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I've sold them in the $10-$15 range.

7. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP Supporter

It's a rare find. There was only 2 million of each type of quarter made with the W mintmarks and they were dumped into circulation. I got one in change at a restaurant this summer and a couple other forum members here have found them. Every once in a while one pops up. In high grade, like MS66 graded they can fetch over $100. But since they circulated most are no longer in that condition. The one I got is probably like a MS 60 already after 1 year of circulation.

Draft saved Draft deleted