2019 W War in the Pacific Quarters

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by CoinTech, Jul 8, 2019.

1. CoinTech

CoinTech Member

I am half way through an Uncirculated Box of 2019 War in the Pacific Quarters and I am still yet to find any W Quarters. Has anyone else had this experience. I would think there should be some W's in the Stack.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GenX Enthusiast

GenX Enthusiast Forensic grammatician

In my experience, if you get a box of uncirculated coins, they usually come from the same mint. I have a million uncirculated 2018/2019 Denver mint pennies, never a P in the bunch.

4. CoinTech

CoinTech Member

Thanks for your reply, But what I understand is that the mint is supposed to add the West Point "W" quarters to the Bags of uncirculated Quarters.

5. GenX Enthusiast

Aha, was not aware. Did you finish the box yet?

6. ALPHATHEAWESOME

ALPHATHEAWESOME Active Member

It really depends. I got a box of quarters last week. 60% were War in the Pacific while the remaining 40% were regular circulated quarters. The first 20 rolls had nothing, but then I found a W ender. That roll had 2 W coins. Had a total of 4 W coins in the box.

7. CoinTech

CoinTech Member

How Strange after I post I end up finding One so far.

Attached Files:

8. GenX Enthusiast

Hey, awesome! I almost got some quarter rolls today, and I should have. Drat. I didn't even know about this war in the pacific reverse until I found a very nice D mint in my change today.

9. CoinTech

CoinTech Member

Actually there are 2,000,000 West Point Quarters being minted for the Lowell, Mariana, Guam, San Antonio Missions, and River of no return. the only way to obtain these quarters is to buy boxes of quarters hoping to get the uncirculated coin boxes or luckily finding them in circulated rolls.

GenX Enthusiast likes this.
  10. GenX Enthusiast

I'll call my bank tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

11. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

What’s odd is my 2 Lowell w’s were found in AMP rolls. Every quarter was an AMP except the 2 Lowell’s. My amp w was found in circulation. Maybe I should order a Lowell bag to find a war in pacific w.

GenX Enthusiast likes this.
  12. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

How can you get a box of unc Atb quarters?

13. CoinTech

CoinTech Member

Just go to your bank and ask if they will sell you a $500 box of quarter and hope they are uncirculated. But I have also gotten some boxes that are a mixture of 2019 Mariana, 2019 Lowell, and other dates all mixed in the box. but what I found was that anytime I got the 2019 Lowell they were the majority of the time W quarters. I ended up getting between 2 boxes of the same mixture a total of 83 W Quarters. haven't been able to do that again. I buy 4 boxes per week, 2 on Wednesday and 2 on Saturday. I found out that my bank gets new order of quarters on wednesday and friday

14. CoinTech

CoinTech Member

Bare in mind that the tellers don't know what the content of the boxes are. the boxes can contain uncirculated, circulated, or a mixture of both. the boxes are sealed.

15. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I've been hunting the Ws since the beginning. Lowell Ws weren't ready when they distributed Lowell P+D, so Lowell W got distributed with American Memorial Park quarters.

So American Memorial Park coin distribution period got 4 million Ws and each period for each design is about 10 weeks. They rush out Lowell Ws at the beginning and they were thick per box, then they finished that AMP period with the AMP Ws, and they were less per box.

With War in the Pacific Ws, they have the full roughly 10 week distribution period to put out all 2 million Ws so those boxes will be lighter on Ws than the Lowell Ws or the AMP Ws were.

I figure it will be an average of 250 million coins per design based off 2017 and 2018 number's roughly, that's about 125,000 boxes of quarters and an overall average of 16 Ws per box if they got evenly distributed although some boxes will be heavier and some will be lighter on Ws because of the randomness of the rolling machines.

You won't see like with Lowell Ws where there's 60+ Ws per box, or like AMP Ws where there were 20-30+ a box. You could get 1-5 per box and some boxes 15-20 maybe even a bit better, but these War in the Pacific Ws have the whole distribution period now to put them out there, and I expect this to continue through the last two designs also and this will be the find rate per box.

Speaking of boxes, I haven't even seen a box of War in the Pacific yet in my area and I'm getting a couple boxes a week every week, it's either been Lowell which don't have Ws or circulated. But I did have luck and got 3 boxes of American Memorial Park and got my fill of Lowell Ws and AMP Ws. So I'm just staying the course and getting my boxes and hoping the War in the Pacific finally turns up some week. Got a whole box of BU 2018 Voageurs two weeks ago so it will be awhile before the carriers distribute all of the BU 2019 boxes they have that might contain Ws.

16. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I have alot of Guam. How are you fixed for the Lowell ones

17. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

With only 2 million W's in circulation for the entire US you may get lucky on the first roll or you may strike out after 5 full boxes.

18. Cheech9712

I got 60. Guam. Trying to get some Lowell ones. Lived there a while back. Son was born there 38 years ago. They will be for my son and grandbabies

Terrifrompa likes this.
  19. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Bless you dear girl! :)

20. Cheech9712

I have Guam. PM me

21. 2x2 $averKrazy

2x2 $averKrazy Hopelessly coined in

nice

Draft saved Draft deleted