2019 W Lowell Quarter Error?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Grant Zering, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Grant Zering

Grant Zering New Member

I was just curious if anyone could confirm what kind of Error this is if Indeed it is an Error it appears to me to be some kind of striking error or is it just a simple case of Machine Doubling? Any help is appreciated it almost seems like it could be a Strike through to me however I'm a newbie and just know learning about the different kinds of striking and alignment etc Thanks Grant 1562423654279-1423722193.jpg 1562423654279-1423722193.jpg 1562423817734-2093843501.jpg 1562423817734-2093843501.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Grant you are gonna have to show better photos and help direct us to the area or areas in question.
    I see a normal circulated quarter.

4. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

On letters around the outside are incuse, the design is impressed below the coins surface not really strike through, its normal. I don't see anything else. If that's what your talking about.

5. R_rabbit

R_rabbit Well-Known Member

Hi:)
    Imho, it’s slightly Mad(misaligned die strike ) aka worthless doubling.

FoundinTN likes this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I just see a normal circulated Quarter.

7. happy_collector

happy_collector Well-Known Member

Looks like a circulated quarter to me as well. Welcome to CT, Grant.

8. There’s one more coin I haven’t been able to wrestle into my possession yet.

9. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Forget the error. It's a West Point quarter. Hold onto it. Most collectors would say that is a significant find today!

Autoturf likes this.
  10. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Theres probably not many that are as circulated as that one either.
    Most if the coins are gonna be mint state.

If were the OP I would give that a short soak in acetone. And a quick rinse with distilled water. Then put it in an album, or a flip. It has corrosion, please do not wash the coin detergent/ soap.
    Distilled water might even do the trick. Just a soak, and hold it by the rims.

11. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Yes, I noticed that. I'm surprised it's so beat-up.

12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

MAD has nothing to do with doubling, so it would be "aka worthless doubling".

R_rabbit likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted