2019 Uncirculated Sets

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by green18, May 20, 2019.

1. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

I remember the 80s, the Coca-Cola truck had ice cold drinks they carried with them, and would give us kids one if we asked. I think they were nicer back then. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

I had the set with the train!

mikenoodle likes this.
  4. Autoturf

s-l500cp.jpg
    Wrong again Mike. 2009 copper cent. 3.11 g
    TOTAL MINTAGE 784,614, These coins are RARE!!!! Taken from 2009 Mint Sets
    s-l500copper.jpg

dwhiz likes this.
  5. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

2019-W gem 1c 1a-horz.jpg Rather then send mine in it was a lot cheaper to buy one already slabbed.
    Ummm slabbed bacon time for breakfast.

6. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Those coins were authorized by an Act of Congress! It’s easier to be thought a fool than to open ones’s mouth and remove all doubt.

Oh and just for reference, THOSE coins actually have a Satin Finish!!!

Autoturf likes this.
  7. Autoturf

You would know, but where does it say the us mint does not have the authority to change the composition of numismatic coins sold, the w one cent coin is not intended for circulation, and is not a new design that is not already authorized by acts of congress. they would still have an oversight and reports to do, but I cannot find anywhere that says they have to get authorization (via act of congress) to offer collectors copper cents on a numismatic coin. That coin in 2009 was authorized under an act of congress for the design. I don't see any legislation or act of congress for the copper composition offered in special sets. they just included it in their reports. So yea its confusing to me.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  8. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

It’s pretty well spelled out in the US constitution.

The size, weight, composition, and legends on a coin are all mandated by law and any changes to them must be approved by Congress.

The designs may be changed without congressional approval by the Secretary of the Treasury but only if the design has been in use for over 25 years, and then a design change must remain until either 25 more years pass, or legislation is passed.

The 2009 Lincoln Cent composition changes were authorized by Public Law 109-165, the Presidential $1 Coin Act, which not only authorized the Presidential Dollar Coins Program, but the change in composition for commemorative 2009 Lincoln Cents including 4 specific reverse designs, AND the redesign of the reverse from 2010 going forward.

Draft saved Draft deleted