2019 silver dollar

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by meandyou4ever0, May 20, 2022.

1. meandyou4ever0

meandyou4ever0 meandyou4ever0

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. meandyou4ever0

4. bsshog40

bsshog40 Senior Member

Looks fake to me. None of the fonts look right.

5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

6. meandyou4ever0

I'm not doubting you but how do u know 4sure, or I should ask how do I tell it is fake?

7. meandyou4ever0

Is looking at the fonts the way to tell if a coin is real?

8. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

Its one way for sure. I only have a few Silver Eagles but I would have avoided that one for sure. As has been said, the font isn't right, the design isn't quite right, and to my eye that coin doesn't look like its made of silver. I'll attach a couple pics of one of my silver eagles below. Compare them and you'll see that the coin just doesn't seem right.

SE2007W-01b.001obv.png SE2007W-01b.001rev.png

meandyou4ever0 likes this.
  9. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

It's so Not real! Look at it compared the real thing. No details, false obverse and reverse details, mushy appearance and Not even Silver.

10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Spotting a fake comes with knowing what a coin should look like. You learn that from looking at the real thing for many years.

Cheech9712 and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  11. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

You can also see if a magnet will stick to it. The Chinese often use ferrous metals when they fabricate those.

Kentucky and -jeffB like this.
  12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Since no one has said it I will. It’s not a silver dollar. It is a 1 ounce silver round with a date of 2019. I’ll repeat what has been said, it looks fake from the photos.

13. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Appears to be one of those 99¢ Chinese tokens.

14. meandyou4ever0

What other metals do counterfeiters use? I used a very strong magnet against the coin and it had no magnetization. What other test can I perform (besides weighing) to determine if this is silver? (I don't own scales)

15. BasSWarwick

BasSWarwick Well-Known Member

Just comparing the detailing it appears there are some glaring differences.

16. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

17. meandyou4ever0

18. meandyou4ever0

I understand that it is not authentic, I just want to know if the metal is silver or if it is some other kind of metal that doesn't stick to my magnetic like silver wouldn't

BasSWarwick likes this.
  19. meandyou4ever0

Magnets do not stick to the coin

20. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

content of the coin dependent upon (a) who made it and (b) how they made it.

I don't think people tracked the composite of the coins. At that time we were getting an onslaught of fake coins of all types of all years from multiple Chinese vendors.

I'm sure there's tons of threads on CT about them if you go back a few years. I used to go to the chinese websites to see what fake coins they were selling as I was still collecting raw coins back then. Did that as a counter check.

21. Indianhead65

Indianhead65 Well-Known Member

Don't sweat it....after some years of experience you'll be able to spot these from a mile away. Hang on to it as a learning tool.

Draft saved Draft deleted