2019 Secret Santa Sign Up

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Seattlite86, Nov 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Gotta be a CT record.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I went to the LCS today to see if there was anything interesting. A few things were nice but out of my price range...so I needed a coin fix today haha. Didn't help that the family wanted to open it as well!

Seattlite86 and Nathan401 like this.
  4. Mike185

Mike185 Well-Known Member

I received mine a few days ago!!! It’s been hard not to open it. I have been going over to the package and picking it up about two to three times a day. It’s actually driving my wife crazy because of the back and forth. She telling me open it now!! But I keep telling g the rule said to wait!!!! It been a long wait so far!!

Seattlite86 likes this.
  5. furryfrog02

[​IMG]

6. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Have the wife hide it away from you and the kids.....:)

Nathan401 likes this.
  8. green18

spirityoda, Mike185 and Seattlite86 like this.
  9. green18

Santa's gonna get you for peeking. devil.gif

Seattlite86 likes this.
  10. green18

Gonna have to hit you with that rhythm stick.....

juris klavins and Seattlite86 like this.
  11. furryfrog02

Oh well. I can wrap it back up and open it again on Christmas. Though I will have to battle the 8 year old to get them back.

12. jake1932

jake1932 Active Member

I got a Secret Santa gift this weekend!! It is tougher to pick out a gift to send than I thought it was gonna be!! Happy Holidays everybody!

13. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I understand the difficulty. In the past years, I generally went with sending something I think suits my recipient 's interests but would also like to own myself. :)

CoinJockey73 and furryfrog02 like this.
  14. Mike185

This is great to do guys. I really am grateful I am a member here!! And willing to teach someone also. I’m a giver in this season.. well on thanksgiving, my father n law alway deep frys is a turkey, every year we have two turkeys and a big ham. I went to pick it up at his house on the way back needed to stop at the gas station for gas. While I was standing in line I over heard a conversation of the lady and gentlemen behind me talking about what they were going to do for food for there kids. They where talking about taking them to McDonald’s for dinner. He said being off for a few days for the holidays he’s not getting paid until the 6th. I paid for my gas and went to start pumping gas. As I was standing there I look into my car and seen the fried turkey. I couldn’t resist. ... I pulled it out of the car and walked over to them and knocked on there car window. They both looked at me like I was crazy but they did roll down the window and I gave them our turkey. I was standing there talking to “Jon”. He told me there from New Orleans they moved here when Katrina hit and had a hard time finding work the last few months. He has been working with a labor finders when they needed him. Long story short. I gave Jon my number and $50s to help a little with his kids. And told him to give me a call I have plenty of work for him. Well when I got home I was thinking what to say because I’m actually kinda hard hearted and don’t like all the sappy stuff that comes with doing good for others. The wife asked me where the turkey I told here it was sliding around in the back seat and fell into the floor board of the car. And I stopped and threw it away. We got into a little argument of the turkey and final just told her the truth. I thought she might be upset that I gave the turkey away. She said she new I was liein but I did the right thing....she ended up telling me that morning she was in line a Starbucks got to the window and paid for the three cars orders behind her. She a good woman for me... well ok sorry for all the sappy stories I’m still Staring at a package that is waiting to be opened.........

15. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

:D:hilarious:

Seattlite86 likes this.
  16. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

hard-hearted?? You did such a beautiful thing and you made me cry! Thank you for sharing that great story!!

Mike185, green18 and Seattlite86 like this.
  17. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Hey Folks,

I'm glad to see people getting into the Christmas/Holiday spirit! I just blasted out a bunch more recipients to the secret Santas.

Anyone who messaged me before November 27th should already have their recipient. Please reply to that message and let me know you got your recipient.

Should anything come up and you're unable to send a gift, please let me know as soon as possible. Things happen that we cannot control. We have some very generous members willing to help out, and no one (not even the extra helpers) will find out who contacted me because they couldn't get a gift out.

Here is our latest map with participating states (courtesy amCharts).
    amCharts (2).jpg

We officially close the participants in two days, so get the word out!

18. Kasia

Thank you! Looking forward to another year of this!!!

19. furryfrog02

Where are all the pictures!? I opened mine 2 days ago and nobody else has shared. I'm not pleased...

20. Kasia

Maybe other people have willpower???

[​IMG]

21. Mike185

We are playing by the rules ff02!! Lol!!! I have never done a Secret Santa!! I think that’s why I can’t wait to open it!!!! I play the dirty Santa before which is still fun!!!

p.s. no call from “Jon” today.........I was really hoping he would. I’ll give him a few days..

green18 and Seattlite86 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted