2019 Secret Santa Sign Up

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Seattlite86, Nov 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Still shows your address @Kentucky far right side

CoinJockey73 and Kentucky like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Mine showed up today. Feels a little hefty. Hope I didn't get coal. My Son says I have to wait till Christmas. :(

LaCointessa, Kasia, Rassi and 2 others like this.
  4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Oops

Seattlite86 likes this.
  5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

6. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Planning to send my SS tomorrow. Or, the next??? Fun to see the gifts received so far.

LaCointessa, Seattlite86 and green18 like this.
  7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I don't care what you guys say, but that's just danged funny......

8. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

I got a heavy letter from Germany today, and could not remember buying any coins from Germany.......so of course, I opened it and lo and behold, someone called Secret Santa sent me some dandy coins! Thank you Herr Santa! Note the beautiful UNC and toned US silver in there, what a bonus! SS-2.JPG

RoseWesche, Chris B, green18 and 18 others like this.
  9. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I am digging that toning on the quarter. What is the date of that Belgium 2 centimes coin ?

Seattlite86 likes this.
  10. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

SS-3.JPG 1919 on the Belgium. I have 6 other 2 centime coins, all in much lesser condition. This new one looks about AU55 to me, possibly 58. I recently saw a posting here on CT about that sort of brown toning around the edge of a US silver coin, I think there was some special name for it. Forget what thread it was though.

11. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

After a stressful day yesterday of dealing with idiots and bottom feeders I gave up and opened my gift. I love it, a beautiful 1780 Maria Theresa Thaler. And appropriate since I was in Austria (Innsbruck) this past August for my Globus European Tapestry tour. THANK YOU SECRET SANTA!!!!!! Coin.jpg

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  12. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

My package arrived and I’ll be waiting to open it until Christmas

Thanks SS and CT for putting this together.

13. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

You have been in my thoughts. Are you out of the hospital yet? I hope you're mending and if you're not feeling 100%, that you are feeling better and stronger each day. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and healthy and happy 2020, too.

LaC

14. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

My mother passed away yesterday. After coming home late at night from my fathers house and seeing my secret santa gift in my mailbox I had to open it. Your gift brought tears of joy to my eyes and really cheered me up. Thank you so much for your generous gifts. I really liked it all. I liked the coins so much. I especially liked the 1986 Canadian proof set. The train coin is so amazing. I have always wanted 1 of those. 2 coins from Hungary. I don't have any world currency. I really liked them and I will want to do research on them. I enjoy doing research. I apologized for my phones camera photo quality is very bad, but I wanted to show you all what my secret santa got me....

Image12172019205345.jpg
    Image12172019205401.jpg
    Image12172019205442.jpg
    Image12172019205508.jpg
    Image12172019205522.jpg
    Image12172019205530.jpg Image12172019205556.jpg
    Image12172019205656.jpg

Image12172019205628.jpg
    Image12172019205641.jpg

Thank you so much secret santa. Your gifts really cheered me up. I wish you and your family and everyone here on CoinTalk a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. love, spirityoda.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    RoseWesche, Mike185, Chris B and 19 others like this.
  15. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Yoda, so sorry for your loss. Hopefully your mom didn't suffer.

RIP @spirityoda 's mom

16. LaCointessa

Oh! @spirityoda - Please accept hugs and wishes of sympathetic understanding. It's tough to lose one's Mom; and, it just happened today. So, you are probably still .... I don't know how to describe it. Anyway, I pray that your Mom rests in peace and that you also are accepting and at peace about it. G-d bless and keep you.

17. LaCointessa

btw...your Secret Santa sent really cool gifts! Nice!!

Seattlite86 and spirityoda like this.
  18. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

19. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Thank you all. She did not suffer.

20. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

@spirityoda...So sorry for your loss. Especially hard to go through this time of year. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and you loved ones this season. Great to hear your SS was there to cheer you up some with some great coins.

21. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Sorry for your loss, @spirityoda . It is tough losing a parent.

Draft saved Draft deleted