2019 Secret Santa Sign Up

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Seattlite86, Nov 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Hello and welcome!

CoinJockey73 and LaCointessa like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kara boudoin

Kara boudoin New Member

4. Kara boudoin

Kara boudoin New Member

Please do not post your real address. You can send by PM ( conversations) with privacy. There are currently 41 robots searching the forum for info their owners can sell or use. Jim

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2019
  5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Coal for you.... devil.gif

And a good idea to delete that addy....many schmucks and corrupt individuals harvest such naiveity.

Welcome.....if you last.

LaCointessa and Kasia like this.
  6. green18

Gift going out on Monday.......Sunshine state. :)

LaCointessa and Seattlite86 like this.
  7. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Mine may have been shipped... or not. I want my recipient to get it as close to Christmas as possible

LaCointessa, Kasia and Seattlite86 like this.
  8. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

Seattlite86 likes this.
  9. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

I can say I have shipped. And my PO is open on Sundays. Maybe I did it today.

10. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

That's cool your PO is open Sunday. I did a quick google maps search and no post office within 50 miles of me is open. Probably because they (presumably) have to pay a premium rate on Sundays (1.5x or 2x). Or, you could have put it into one of those blue boxes that the post office workers pick up from, that counts as shipped i think.

11. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

My dad brought mine to the hospital for me. I got eager and excited so I opened it. Thank you Secret Santa I love it. 20191213_123414.jpg

12. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

Well, I caved in today and opened my Secret Santa box. I must say, I didn't think I had been this good this year.

Picture #1
    All arrived in these neat Plano boxes. I haven't seen these before.

CTSS201901.jpg

Picture #2
    As you can see they are perfectly sized for a slab. I could see there were 2 proof slabs and a Jefferson nickel. Looks like there is a hidden item in the middle box.

CTSS201902.jpg

Picture #3 & #4

So there are 2 Canada PF70 silver coins. A 1943 error nickel. I don't know much about error coins so I will have to do some homework on this one. The previously hidden coin is what really excited me. It's an 1862 Frankfurt Shooting Festival thaler.

CTSS201903.jpg
    CTSS201904.jpg

This is an exceptional Secret Santa gift. 3 silver coins and an error coin. The boxes are cool too.

13. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

I love the Frankfurt Thaler, original color and nice details... mid/high AU? @Seattlite86 you’re still missing this one in your collection...!?

LaCointessa, Rushmore and Seattlite86 like this.
  14. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

At least AU. Very nice.

LaCointessa and Seattlite86 like this.
  15. Seattlite86

Yes, I'm still missing this one. Quite a looker there, @Chris B congratulations on making the nice list!

16. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

I live right near an Orthodox Jewish community (which observes Saturday Sabbath) and there is a post office that provides services on Sundays for several hours from a little bus outside. It's pretty handy. Haven't used it in a while.

17. wgpjr

wgpjr Collector

Like previous years, I can't help myself, so when my SS gift arrived, I opened it. Inside was a card and a small miniature Santa bag, at least that's how I perceived it. The bag containded a MS70 2018 Panda! I don't get much foreign bullion, so this was very much appreciated! Thank you SS!

Attached Files:

• ss1.jpg
      ss1.jpg
      File size:
      363.9 KB
      Views:
    • ss2.jpg
      ss2.jpg
      File size:
      413.4 KB
      Views:
  18. Seattlite86

Very cool coin, nice gift!

19. green18

My SS arrived today.......under the tree it goes till Christmas Eve when I tear it open. :)

LaCointessa, Rassi, sonlarson and 5 others like this.
  20. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

Happy to say I got my gift sent out today which should arrive well in advance of Christmas. Odd that something fun and voluntary like this stresses me out a little.

21. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Removed visible address.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted