2019-s verses 2019-w

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by khalil elara, Jan 3, 2020.

1. khalil elara

khalil elara Active Member

since 2019 us mint produce two virgins of the American eagle the reverse proof one at San Francisco mint and one at west point mint I BEEN COLLECTING FOR 3 years and still can not tell the difference between them expat s and w can any one out there tell me why the s mint mark worth 4 to 5 thousand while the w only in the hundreds

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Do you have pictures of both that you could post?

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Only 30,000 of the 2019-S enhanced reverse proofs were sold. That's the lowest mintage in the series (low supply), a popular series that lots of people collect (high demand).

Objectively, there's not a huge difference between the 2019-S ERP and other coins in the series. Similarly, there's not a huge difference between 1909 cents with or without the S and VDB, or 1916 dimes with or without the D. The coin hobby -- and, more importantly, the coin business -- isn't about objective huge differences. :)

NSP likes this.
  5. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

two virgins ?
    Stupid "gotta have it" Demand and marketing. Wait a year and the price will float way back down.

6. -jeffB

Yeah, it's silly, but there's still a hefty premium for the ones still in unopened Mint packaging. :rolleyes:

7. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

:greedy:
    :confused:
    :woot:
    :eek:
    :angelic:

paddyman98 and Darkside like this.
  8. Collecting Nut

He didn't mean virgins, he meant versions. I think.

9. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Of course he did.

The 'enhanced' "S" commands more money than the "W" because rabid dogs ran loose on the day the coin went on sale. Once bitten, the price of the coin soared because of its' so called rarity. 30,000 pieces doesn't preclude rarity, but in the mind of rabid creatures, it does. Check back in six months and I'm sure that the price for such will be vastly lower. And if it isn't, then the malady (rabies) has morphed into meningitis.........Tip of the hat to the virgins but I fear there are none left in the NY Metro area.

10. Collecting Nut

You crack me up! :)

green18 likes this.
  11. khalil elara

some how it escaped my attentions i tried the spell check on the cpu it did not have it right but you get what i mean beside t did not thing i was going to get grads dictations it is all about s&w minted eagles by the by does 2019 -s proof eagle in 2019 limited set get the same fame as the 2019-s revers proof.

12. khalil elara

what mint package

13. -jeffB

For the 30,000-mintage Enhanced Reverse Proof, you can get more money if it's still in the unopened (brown) package the Mint shipped them out in. That way the buyer knows you haven't checked to see if it's got problems, or if it's got a signed COA (there were only 300 of those and they get extra money). If nobody's looked a the coin, it might be able to get a perfect (70) grade. If the package is opened, buyers assume you've looked at the coin and decided it wouldn't get a 70, so they aren't willing to pay as much.

Draft saved Draft deleted