2019-S Business Strike Lowell Quarter Machine Double

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by TyCobb, Sep 14, 2019.

1. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

Worthless doubling unless someone else says otherwise, but it looks like machine doubling to me.

Just thought I would share because I found it pretty neat at how much there was. It went the full face and even doubled Washington's eye. Started going through some Mint bags that arrived today and so far this has been the only thing I've found of interest.

And of course the blasted camera picked up every micro scratch on the thing (anyone know the trick to take a cleaner picture?). It's actually quite OK in hand.

2019-Q-S-Lowell-O-MD.png 2019-Q-S-Lowell-O-PP-MD.png

Mike185 and alurid like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. PassthePuck

PassthePuck Well-Known Member

Oh...Nice catch!

4. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Well a good clean picture cant help but show all the coins imperfections. Maybe you need the same lens they use when have close ups on women in the 60s Star Trek TV show.

TyCobb and Hookman like this.
  5. Ed Hesse

Ed Hesse Member

I agree Ty machine doubling to me. Usually true Double Dies only show in lettering not in the field. Hard to decipher. I look for split seriffs or points of lettering. I'd still hang onto it in case we're both wrong lol.

6. Mike185

Mike185 Well-Known Member

I like it!!!! The coin whole coin is md!! I need to get a usb camera!! I bet sent back a lot of good coins into circulation. Lol Any more 2019s md’s in that bag??

7. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

Nope. 12 bags, this is the only one that did the whole profile.

Draft saved Draft deleted