2019 River of no return Error?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jordan Bach, Jun 14, 2020.

?

Error

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jordan Bach

Jordan Bach New Member

I was looking through some quarters hunting W mint marks and I came across the 2019 D Idaho Quarter. What I noticed was a ring mark around the outside I looked through more coins to try and find the same error and I finally came across one that seemed to be the same error. Not 100% exact but close. The ring mark goes through the 2019 year. I know this particular quarter has a bird in the tree error and a bird on the man’s hat error but this error I’ve never seen. I am a new collector any information on my coins would be greatly appreciated thanks for your time.

Attached Files:

chuck123 and capthank like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. clint1970

clint1970 Active Member

maybe damaged during rolling or pop machine?

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

That's Damage. It's caused by a coin rolling machine. We see a lot of them her on CT. Welcome to the forum.

capthank, tommyc03 and Jordan Bach like this.
  5. Jordan Bach

Jordan Bach New Member

Great thank you guys I appreciate it. Good to know. I won’t add them to my collection then

capthank, rascal and Collecting Nut like this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's a spender.

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, welcome to the neighborhood, JB!

Die breaks can take on all sorts of shapes and may or may not add interest to a coin. Sometimes, people give them catchy names to attract buyers. I've never seen a "Bird on the Hat" or a "Bird in the Tree". I do have this 2005-D CA SQ with a die break on John Muir's hat that I call Condor Doo-Doo, but it's not for sale. ~ Chris

2005-D CA SQ CONDOR DOO-DOO.jpg

capthank, Jordan Bach and UncleScroge like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted