2019 reverse proof palladium eagle

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by kazuma78, Sep 11, 2019.

1. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

I got an email this is coming out tomorrow. Do you guys think it's worth the money?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

4. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

No (& I don't even know what it costs!)

5. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

If you like the coin, then yes.

But from a future value standpoint, it’s all up to the metals market. Look at what’s happened to the 2010-ish proof platinum eagles...

6. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

$1,987.

One big el passoooo for your humble narrator.

For those of you who want one, good luck!!!

Stevearino likes this.
  7. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

I like the design, but can't justify the cost. Maybe eventually palladium will take a drop and I'll pick one up. I just wanted to see folks thoughts and if they were any different from my own.

8. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

$400+ premium.
    Decent design, but not worth the premium.

9. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

10. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I was a big buyer of the previous two (multiple mint accounts to flip as many as possible), but I am a big pass on this one. Way too many made and way too expensive.

11. Rocksprings

Rocksprings Member

I got one, may take all next year to pay for it. Looks like it's not going to be a fast sell out like the last two.

12. Speedbump

Speedbump Not a New Member

So, there were over 3,000 returns in the first week, and with the price now $50 higher, I don’t see the net sales going up in the near future. Unless the bottom falls out of palladium, this one may sell fewer than the other two versions...

The reverse proof is not nearly as striking as the proof or bullion coins. I normally like the high contrast look between frosted and polished features on reverse proofs, but it doesn’t really work on this one for some reason. If they would have gone with more of a matte/flat finish for the field instead of the textured frost, it would have probably looked better.

Draft saved Draft deleted