2019 quarters

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Aldav, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Aldav

Aldav New Member

Got this in change, they look different and feel light, what kind of coin are they and are they worth anything?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

Lowell is the first ATB quarter release of 2019. The second ATB quarter for 2019 has been released already also. They're worth a quarter. If it looks like they haven't been circulated then they may be worth $1.00 someday.

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Hey, it's the new 2019 Quarter. A keeper if you don't have one but only worth face value.

5. Aldav

Aldav New Member

6. Aldav

Aldav New Member

7. Aldav

Aldav New Member

8. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Here's one that went thru the dryer yesterday:eek: Dryer coin 4-horz.jpg

9. Aldav

Aldav New Member

Ok. Well they made a good conversational piece at work. I'll just hold on to them for that if nothing else. Thank you.

dwhiz likes this.
  10. Ima Dragon

Ima Dragon Year of the Dragon

I haven't run across any 2019 quarters yet . Speaking of Quarters though , I just started collecting the Quarters again since the Mint is producing the 5 Quarters and the Silver Proof sets in .999 Pure Silver this year . I got the Quarters from the Mint and they are Fabulous (1/4 oz Bullion) coins . The Silver Proof sets aren't out yet .
    Oddly enough the change to .999 renewed my interest in SAE too .
    I Love this Hobby !

11. Aldav

Aldav New Member

Obviously I'm new to this. After generally about 70 hrs a week for 32 yrs I was told I needed a hobby. I have found interest in coins. I see I have a lot to learn though.

12. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

If it seems light you can weigh it. It should weigh 5.67g with a tolerance of +/- .227g. Making the range 5.443-5.897g.
    If it actually is light it could be a thinly rolled planchet, but the odds are it's within that range and almost always super close to 5.67g.

13. Ima Dragon

Welcome ! You are in for a Treat . Be prepared as it can become Addictive , I still can't get over the early denominations of 1/2 cent , 2 cent , 3 cent , $1.00 , $2.50 & $3.00 coins .
    Always Glad to Welcome new members to the Numismatic Hobbyist Community .

14. whopper64

whopper64 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind the U.S. mint produces four types of ATB quarters - Silver proof, clad proof, uncirculated quality business strikes, and uncirculated for circulation business strikes. If you're going to start an ATB collection make sure you get all four types, as well as the "s" business strikes from the San Francisco mint.

Ima Dragon likes this.
  15. Ima Dragon

Exactly the reason I chose to stop collecting the ATB Quarter series . Way too many strikes and Finishes , it just kept expanding overwhelming my ATB specific Display cases(2) . I really do like the series though .

16. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Still waiting for my first Lowell quarter. New Mexico gets no respect.
    I was going to my credit union for months looking for Block Island, and then I got a couple of nice ones in change from Sprouts. Cumberland Island was also a difficult find.

17. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Yeah lived in Lowell when Carter was there to name the mills as a national park. Wish he would of gave me a quater then. Then i would have at least have one already

Ima Dragon and Collecting Nut like this.
  18. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I hear that!

Draft saved Draft deleted