2019 Moon Landing Coins - FINALLY

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Clawcoins, Oct 12, 2018.

1. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

They're not pucks -- they're saucers! :happy::vulcan::droid::blackalien:

flyingsaucer.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

Got my Kennedy...will give the other one to some kid.

4. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

It took me over twenty minutes to place my order because of the slow page loading and the constant disconnecting/reconnecting of the site. In the end everything seems to have gone through except the 5oz is shown as on backorder! That sucks cuz that's what I wanted the most of all, and of course the reverse proof Kennedy half.

5. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

If you buy enough 5 ouncers, you could put them together and make a Death Star !!

JPeace$ likes this.
  6. Sullysullinburg

Sullysullinburg Well-Known Member

So question, what happens to all the left over coins? I would venture to guess that most of the orders that will ever happen on these coins have already happened, so what do they do?

7. Clawcoins

I believe they'll melt down the unsold coins.

If ppl don't order any .. then there's less out in the wild, and a year or two or more from now the price may skyrocket due to low supply in the marketplace.

That's what happened to all of my Congratulations ASEs ... the profit on all of those were unwildly even though the ASEs were available in other mediums.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  8. GoldBug999

GoldBug999 Well-Known Member

I also had ordering problems (delay) but I was able to order both the 1 and 5 ounce silver coins.

9. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

Like Clawcoins wrote, any unsold coins are melted. These coins will be on sale for the rest of the year. The initial frenzy is over but sales will continue for a while. Not everybody is a frantic nut like the folks who visit these forums.

10. Clawcoins

we just want to make sure the dealers don't block us out from buying like they've done in the past. I got blocked out from getting the 2016 W gold dime. of course, I waited until the price was lower than the initial offer price to finally snatch one up. :) I did get the SLQ & WLH golds though. Those are harder to resell to the public due to the cost.

... and we enjoy whipping each other up in a frenzy before the mint opens up sales on stuff :)

LakeEffect likes this.
  11. Noble One

Noble One New Member

I bought the gold coin, 5 oz silver, and the 2 coin half dollar set.

12. Clawcoins

New Date for the 5 ouncer
    upload_2019-1-25_11-22-17.png

1 day earlier ...

13. Clawcoins

Ironically, I was on the Enrollment program for the Apollo Mission Print
    upload_2019-1-25_11-24-2.png

upload_2019-1-25_11-24-23.png

and that is listed as BackOrdered too.
    upload_2019-1-25_11-24-55.png

only 8,000 were going to be made. I only got one .. I should have bought more.
    upload_2019-1-25_11-25-30.png

14. Mikey S

Mikey S Member

I just noticed that the silver coins are 99.9% silver - that’s unusual because the commems are traditionally 90% plus 10% Copper. Does anyone know if the baseball HOF’s are also 99.9??

15. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Any unsold struck coins will be melted. They do not strike all the authorized cons before they go on sale because they don't want to have melt down a lot of coins. So they only strike part of the authorized mintage. If sales are heavy and exceed the number prestruck they go on back order (Such as the 5 oz pucks) and then are basically struck in small batches to fill orders as they come in. That way once sales stop they only have a small number to melt down.

They are 90% silver. These are the first silver coins other than the ASE to be struck in .999 fine silver.

76 posts to go

16. iontyre

iontyre Active Member

Aren't the ATB 5 oz pucks also .999 fine?

17. Mikey S

Mikey S Member

18. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

76 posts to go...

@Conder101 Almost 20K posts?? Since 2002...A little over 1,000 posts per year. Pretty busy on here. :) Hope you hit it soon. :nailbiting:

19. Clawcoins

20. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

will there b any proofs?

21. Clawcoins

Draft saved Draft deleted