2019 Moon Landing Coins - FINALLY

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Clawcoins, Oct 12, 2018.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

womp womp

I see what you did there :D

Clawcoins likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I just noticed, they have a limit of 1 on the gold pieces?
    wow

My waiting room is going to have some really nice ash trays sitting around. Good use, Right @Sullysullinburg ?
    5Gold_Moon.jpg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  4. baseball21

They aren't very bright if they really do that. 1 is the worst limit they can ever do.

5. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Probably trying to avoid what happened at the beginning with the baseball gold....

Chiefbullsit likes this.
  6. baseball21

Limit of 1 assures that will happen. The website will crash countless times and barely work while the big boys will suck everything up with their countless buyers clogging the lines and better internet.

7. Clawcoins

What happened with the baseball ones?

8. baseball21

The gold sold out in a few minutes.

9. bud250r

bud250r Active Member

Those high prices have me rethinking buying any of them. The two coin set might be the exception.

10. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

They’ve stopped subsidizing the half dollars and are charging based on all-in costs of production and marketing.

11. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Based on the 2018 PM SCHEDULE, the introductory GOLD prices will be:

Avg Spot...…….Proof.......Uncirc
    $1200-$1249...$406.50... $396.50
    $1250-$1299...$418.75... $408.75 (current price range)
    $1300-$1349...$431.00... $421.00

I'm in on the 5 ounce, 1 oz Proof and MS Silver and maybe a Proof Gold.

285x56h3r0wx.jpg

Hahaha....the BIG BOYS don't mess around....:eek:

130sg0g84m67.png

Clawcoins likes this.
  12. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Are these slabbed examples already being offered by someone?

13. Clawcoins

All the misc online places mock them up and put them up on eBay. Happens on all the coins that aren't released yet. PreRelease SALES !!

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  14. baseball21

There's some creative math going on there then or some extreme inefficiencies considering the British Mint can make a profit off of 50p coins that they sell for 10 pounds and about 1.77 of that price is from the GST. Australia makes a profit off of half dollars that they sell for 10 AUD where again about a dollar of that is from GST

15. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Wow -- I somehow missed the dollar composition change. I remember discussion here about the legislation to allow .999 in place of 90%, but didn't realize it was happening.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  16. Clawcoins

are those british coins convex/domed in shape or flat for engineering/development pricing aspect of it?

17. baseball21

Flat, but the convex/domed work was all done on the baseball coins a couple years ago with the exception of the 5 oz frisbees. There shouldn't have been any reinventing the wheel with the halfs

18. Clawcoins

no reinventing assuming they "perfected" it the first time.
    I assume the design/engineering costs are still higher then flat coins. The process from original casts to the die I assume are more expensive and time consuming. But I've never seen (nor searched for) breakdowns for these costs.

plus maybe they just want to "profit" from it more due to the difference from regular, flat coins.

19. baseball21

I'm pretty sure that's what it is more than anything, but even the normal commemorative halfs have a stiff price

Cheech9712 likes this.
  20. Clawcoins

just remember, NEW anything you are paying for the Design/Engineering, Manufacturing/Production, Distribution and all the salary costs in between whether it's new Cars, new bicycles, etc. thus the reason depreciation hits are so heavy in many things.

Gov't minted Coins are no different except you don't pay anything extra for Circulated coins.

21. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I suspect they are aware too that this will be a popular design.

Draft saved Draft deleted