2019 Moon Landing Coins - FINALLY

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Clawcoins, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Maybe your dog, or your neighbors dog signed for the package ??
    odd that their shipping tracking was in error or missing altogether.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I ordered the Proof Set on March 2. I chatted the Mint yesterday, the 19th and was told the order was past the time it should be delivered. The gave me a form to fill out, which I did, and I emailed it to them. I only bought the dang thing for the penny. In other news, I had a package of medicine shipped to me. When I checked it out, UPS said they had dropped it off at the front door. I checked the front door, no package, and I checked the other 2 doors, no package. I called UPS and they said they would get up with the driver. At about 6PM, no driver. At 6:30PM, my neighbor came over with the package. Her house number is 205 and my number is 209. Stupid driver never called and he couldn't even check the house numbers.

4. CasualAg$

CasualAg$ Corvid Minions Collecting

I also ordered the proof set in early March. It arrived in my local P.O. on Monday, the 18th. It hadn’t been delivered to my P.O. Box today (Weds. the 20th) so I went by the pick-up window and asked about it. The worker went back to “the shelf”, brought my package, and asked if I had received one of their electric pink package pick-up notices in my box. I told him I had not, he said, “Sorry.” Handed me the box and closed the window.

I stepped away from the window and noticed the box flap had become separated from the box. It looked like it had been soaked in water and then peeled back to get access. I must have gotten lucky because nothing was missing and only the flap had gotten wet (curious that, no?). My carrier was Fed-Ex to the post office and our local thieves guild is responsible for getting the mail into the boxes.

5. benveniste

benveniste Type Type

Upon getting home and taking a closer look at the package, it was shipped USPS, despite the shipping label claiming it was sent UPS. So it's not surprising that UPS didn't know about it. 100% of the blame to the Mint fulfillment team, but the coins themselves seem OK.

CasualAg$ likes this.
  6. CasualAg$

The fulfillment center seems to need some process improvements...

I agree the proof set coins are good. I’m not a fan of curved coins and the designs of the commemoratives don’t capture my imagination so I didn’t order any. My wife collects Lincoln cents and was excited by the W mint mark proof issue.

7. NYandW

NYandW Makes Cents!

The mint could have done better

8. benveniste

benveniste Type Type

The saga continues. Today(!) at 2:31 am I received the following from UPS (emphasis mine):

UPS was unable to process the delivery change request associated with the package addressed to [redacted]. UPS strives for high levels of service excellence and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Your package(s) can be expected to arrive on 03/11/2019. No charge will be applied for any delivery change options you may have requested.

Heater likes this.
  9. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

UPS has some kind of deal with the USPS. If a small package is originally sent via UPS somewhere in the delivery chain the package is turned over to your local US Post office for your mail carrier to deliver. I don't know who at UPS makes the decision to turn it over to the USPS and what size packages they turn over. Perhaps your local postmaster can provide more info on this.

10. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

UPS and FedEx do it, it’s called Smart Post and Sure Post. It’s cheaper for the shipper. It’s a shipping method not a size method or value method. If you paid for UPS/Fedex actual delivery and the USPS delivers it you got ripped off

11. benveniste

benveniste Type Type

That's true, but if it was a "UPS Mail Innovations" package, it would still show up as entering the UPS system, and you can't request to pick up the package at a UPS depot. That wasn't the case here.

12. CasualAg$

Correct, ifthe USPS delivers it”. Letting the USPS handle your valuables is often neither “Smart” nor “Sure”.

13. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Left hand thread turn here...... Just wondering if anyone has noticed if the TV guys are hawking these yet?

14. Clawcoins

been on tv, but is on their websites too. Such as ...
    upload_2019-3-24_15-13-45.png
    upload_2019-3-24_15-14-5.png

15. Clawcoins

and from HSN ...
    upload_2019-3-24_15-16-4.png

16. Randy Abercrombie

Sonofagun!! Those red oak storage boxes. Are pricey!

17. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I disagree with that. They certainly aren't perfect and sometimes they take creative routes to the destination, but they are certainly reliable.

FedEx is the one I can't stand. Their drivers come whenever they feel like and if you aren't there they leave your package somewhere like an Ace Hardware store where you have to go get it and all the employees there get to see it

18. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

I like the competition winner artist's side better than the Mint artist's side.

19. Clawcoins

Looks like they're shipping out the 2nd of the BEP prints on the Moon Landing.
    I got charged for multiple copies already.

I got one of the first one .. sold it. So I bought multiple ones of these this time so I'll keep one copy for myself.
    upload_2019-3-28_8-22-51.png

20. Randy Abercrombie

Hot dang! My five ounce ashtray arrived today!!
    539C6883-BF9C-4E8F-B270-400F1FF003B7.jpeg

benveniste, Clawcoins and gronnh20 like this.
  21. Clawcoins

Woohoooo

smoke 'em if 'ya got 'em !!

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted