2019 Idaho- River of No Return - Error or not ?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by SensibleSal66, Feb 19, 2021.

1. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Can anyone tell me what's going on with this Quarter ? I have provided the Coin in question on the Left . Notice the Circle that runs All away around the coin .
    My suspicion is that it is the result of a crimping machine ??? 4A8A3F46-536D-464E-85DE-AE68C225FD45.jpeg 4A8A3F46-536D-464E-85DE-AE68C225FD45-horz.jpg

CoinJockey73, 1stSgt22 and capthank like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

4. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Did you use a circular crop? If so it's giving gives a false impression of an off center strike and a "lip" on the right of the picture, Unless the coin is displaying a bowl or bottle cap like appearance somewhere it's not a stiff collar strike.

the most likely cause of the inner circle is as you suspect, coin rolling machine damage, and it was on the end of a roll, and when the ends were crimped when they were rolling it, that device gouged the surface of the coin. You see this groove a lot on all denominations on the end coins of the machine wrapped and crimped end rolls while coin roll hunting.

5. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Did the cropping cut off the left side of the coin ?

6. SensibleSal66

Yes this is how it was presented to me . Sorry I can ask for a better picture .

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  7. SensibleSal66

This might be better 4A8A3F46-536D-464E-85DE-AE68C225FD45 (1).jpeg

CoinJockey73 and capthank like this.
  8. mike estes

mike estes Well-Known Member

9. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

...let’s see a close-up of OF NO RET area. Is it scoring or raised metal?...Spark

Draft saved Draft deleted