2019 D Double die

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Cazador, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Cazador

Cazador Supporter! Supporter

I’m not thinking this is MD. Let’s see what you guys have to say upload_2021-6-13_11-9-47.jpeg upload_2021-6-13_11-9-47.jpeg upload_2021-6-13_11-9-47.jpeg upload_2021-6-13_11-9-47.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Not a doubled die

4. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I think it weird though . Keep as an educational Tool I say .:happy:

5. Snowman

Snowman Senior Member

interesting - could we get some better pictures

6. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

I guess I'll just never understand doubled dies. To my eye this shows Split Serifs and notching which I have been told is a mark of a true doubled die......The doubling does not seem flat and shelf like which would indicate MD. Yet, it is not a doubled die...........(shaking head).
    Still in my book......it is a keeper.

GH#75, Scott J and Cazador like this.
  7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

With those photos, it is inconclusive for me. Could be plate doubling, but better photos would help.

8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

The correct numismatic terminology would be Doubled Die.. Not double die.
    I don't see any Doubled die issue.
    Could be Die Deterioration doubling which has nothing to do with a true Doubled Die variety.

9. Cazador

Thanks for the replies. What do you guys and gals use to take close up photos. This is the best ones I can give.

10. CygnusCC

CygnusCC Roping the Learns Supporter

Does your microscope have a usb connection? It might be clearer to capture the image on your pc/mac instead of taking a photo of the lcd screen.

Also, I've found with my usb microscope that the ring of LED's sometimes casts too many reflections on shiny coins. In that case I raise the coin slightly at an angle to get a better shot of the relief without several competing reflections coming back at the scope.

Cazador likes this.
  11. Cazador

I do have usb . Ill connect to the pc and give it a try. Also try the slightly angle trick see witch one does the best. Thanks

CygnusCC likes this.
  12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I only have my cell phone. Sometimes it’s great, other times I can’t get rid of the blurry ness.

13. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Turn the scope lights off. Use three independent lights at roughly 2, 6,and 10 o'clock, at whatever are the best distances from any coin you are imaging. You can also alternate the 6 for 12 o;clock if it is better. Scope lights are always directly over the coin and are usually too close to the subject and bounce back up to the lens.

CygnusCC and Cazador like this.
  14. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Plumb up those images .
    They're way too negative plumb .

Draft saved Draft deleted