2019 D dimes struck through error?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Vizzura, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Vizzura

Vizzura Active Member

Here are 2 dimes i found recently during my coin hunting, was just wonder if they are struck through errors or something else. The first one has an indent that runs all the way down his face, and the second one i'm fairly certain is a strike through, i'm more curious as to what people think about the first coin though. Thanks for taking the time to have a look, and i appreciate any input anyone might have. dime 1.jpg Dime 2.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing a strike through on either coin, But the second looks like it has a nice die crack on the east side of the head. Please point out where you believe the strike through resides.

Inspector43 likes this.
  4. Vizzura

Vizzura Active Member

I think this is a strike through, i'm gonna have to get a better camera the one on my phone sucks. cropped dime2.jpg

5. Vizzura

Vizzura Active Member

In person that part on the cheek looks more like it was struck through something then a die crack, but i'm not an expert.

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I don't see anything, either.

7. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies Well-Known Member

The die crack is behind the ear on your second coin. Looks like it runs all the way through the skull. Which would be a unusual die crack dime, But still no premium. Maybe a buck or two at the best!

Inspector43 likes this.
  8. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Looking close, I think I can see the same crack on both coins. Behind the ear and down the neck.

2manyhobbies likes this.
  9. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

You need much better images to get folks to understand the coin/coins.
    That's how you get better answers to questions.

10. Vizzura

Vizzura Active Member

i need to purchase a camera, sorry for wasting your time :(

11. Vizzura

Vizzura Active Member

i do see the die crack though that had eluded me thanks for pointing that out.

12. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

You are new and you are NOT wasting our time. Keep your head up and try to get some better photos. And welcome to the site.

Inspector43 likes this.
  13. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

@Vizzura The area on the cheek does not look like a die crack. I see what you are seeing but not well enough to give a definitive answer. If the metal along the edges of this anomaly is raised it is likely damage. It looks a bit large for a strike through as most involve hair, thread and bristles from brushes, sometimes cloth, but not too often. If flush with the devices you may have something. Again, when you can get better pics please re-visit this post.

14. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The first Dime looks normal to me but so do see what you are asking about. The second Dime has a die crack towards the back of his head. Neither Dime is a strike through.

Draft saved Draft deleted