2019 D 1c MD?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Bargainbidder, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Bargainbidder

Bargainbidder Well-Known Member

Had a 1971 s 1c earlier today that turned out being a double strike which I greatly appreciate. This 2019 D 1c when I first looked at thought MD but the strike on some of the letters seemed different like D in United, O in One, igwt on obverse and eye. Just want to verify.
    Thanks again

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. penniesonly

penniesonly Member

I agree that some of the letters look doubled. But, I'm not expert enough to comment more. I like that you posted the pictures.

Bargainbidder likes this.
  4. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Yes, a bit of MD. One way to sort out the DDOs is by looking at the device/letter shapes. Try to picture the full letter as it should be and how it has been distorted. If the full letter looks normal and the distorted letter has a shelf...it's MD. LIBERTY usually shows that up well, especially the TY. If you see that the base and branches of the letter seem asymmetrical, then you might have a DDO (e.g., one branch of the Y is thicker than the other).

Bargainbidder likes this.
  5. Bargainbidder

Bargainbidder Well-Known Member

Thank you for the information that I can apply to this coin. I have another 2019 and obverse shows the exact same MD but reverse has a normal sharp strike. Zinc Lincoln's seem to temperamental with the number of MD that get through.
    Thanks everyone

Draft saved Draft deleted