2019 BU W's found in a 2019/2020 BU Loomis box!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by bditto39, Apr 20, 2020.

1. bditto39

bditto39 Active Member

I don't usually post here, but I thought this was worth sharing. Long story short, my company got a Loomis box of what appeared to be new 2019 War In The Pacific quarters, but I noticed something weird...3 enders that were 2020 Weir Park and one Lowell ender. I bought 8 rolls to see what was in them. I found mostly BU War in the Pacific quarters with maybe one or two worth grading, nine 2020-P Weir Farms quarters, EIGHT Lowell W's, and ONE War in the Pacific W!!! I can't just buy all the rolls since they need them for the store, but I plan to get as many as I can and watch that change for those W's!

Here is what seems weird about it: with the Weir Farms coins in there, this can't be a 2019 box that just now is getting sent out. So, it looks like there is still hope of finding BU 2019 W's out there even in newer boxes!

furryfrog02, Inspector43 and Dima like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Glad they are being found. My dump bank is closed so I can't off-load the coins I have to start getting quarter boxes. I am currently sitting on $475 worth of cents that needs to be dumped before I start ordering $1000 in quarters every week.

bditto39 likes this.
  4. bditto39

bditto39 Active Member

If it weren't for my work, I would be completely out of the game as well. I may buy two rolls a week now where I was averaging a box or two a week before. Thanks to the stimulus, I have plenty of cash to get coins, but nothing to do with it once I get them for a while.

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I have plenty of cash and am lucky enough to have a bank that will order boxes for me. I just don't want to have $1000+ a week sitting in my basement for God knows how many weeks until I can dump it lol. All I want with the 2020Ws is the same as the 2019Ws...To get one of each for me and my 3 kids. If I can do that, I will be happy.

bditto39 likes this.
  6. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

This is a true story: I stopped off at a car wash earlier this month and put three $1 bills into the quarter changer. One of the quarters turned out to be a 2019 San Antonio Missions W quarter. This is my first W found. How rare was it to find this coin, particularly out of a sampling of just $3 in quarters?

Bambam8778, bditto39 and SamuelFred1 like this.
  7. bditto39

bditto39 Active Member

That is awesome! Very unlikely! You know, it seems to happen like that. I have a few similar stories. My first W was a War in the Pacific. I had just started looking for them that week, and I glamced at the quarters in my register and somehow spotted the W without even really looking for it.
    I also seem to find errors after I watch a video about them or read about them and never find them again. lol. I spotted a spitting horse Delaware quarter the day I watched a video on it, found another the next night, and have never spotted another since.

NOS likes this.
  8. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Go to the bank, buy rolls of quarters, and switch them out for the Loomis ones at work. OR......buy a couple rolls of quarters and search the work ones and replace any in the roll you want to keep.

bditto39 likes this.
  9. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Coin Roll Hunting is difficult right now but we are all able to share our finds from the past and be able to relish in that until the banks open up completely again and we can get back to business as usual

bditto39 likes this.
  10. bditto39

bditto39 Active Member

Agreed! I have been looking back through my coin finds from last year and I'm purging out some that don't have the appeal or value that I initially thought they did. Once my bank opens, I will be cashing in and buying more quarters!

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Glad you found what you did.

12. bditto39

bditto39 Active Member

Thank you!

13. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

You're welcome

Draft saved Draft deleted