2019 ASE Reverse Proof

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by dosequis4me, Nov 18, 2019.

1. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

Agreed

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

I too got lucky in getting one and it was very hard to get this by refreshing it. But here is the issues I ran into with US Mint. I already had an account with the US Mint and with a credit card in my account, but when I check out, it requested my credit card to use as a payment. This where it slowed me down, but again it took a little over 15 min to buy it. The US Mint put a tracking and I should get in sometime next week.

4. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

5. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

So if your submission does not grade MS 70 then your saying I am wasting my dollars by getting it graded then. I understand but I got 230.00 give or take in the coin 70.95 for the coin join PCGS 69.00 grading picks 91.00. So I better decide quickly then before the hype is gone. wifey says keep it... I say trade for gold coins

Ima Dragon likes this.
  6. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

His other coins that are listed seem legit so it was obviously a joke. It made me wonder why he added this phony listing.

7. Ima Dragon

Ima Dragon Year of the Dragon

IMHO , I'm of a mind that the mint deliberately created a collectors edition of the SAE by creating a special edition reverse proof in limited supply .
    I'm a OGP kind of collector for my SAE coins and I'm not building a set but those that are would want to add it either way .
    I do like that you can have the coin & COA encapsulated though .
    With today's mint technology it's probably worth taking the chance .

8. Puravida

Puravida New Member

Did You order it directly from the mint?

9. Puravida

Puravida New Member

Did you order it directly from the mint?

10. dosequis4me

dosequis4me Member

Yes, this was ordered from the mint. My son snagged it for me.

It arrived yesterday and I told him to go ahead and open it since we are away from home. I got serial 3170 (I think). And it was not signed.

slackaction1 and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  11. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

There is not one damn thing that is funny about Jeffrey Epstein. I hope eBay wrings his neck.

slackaction1 and John Burgess like this.
  12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

They are only Early Releases if you get them to the TPG within 30 days of when they were releases, and you have to ask for the early release label. You don't ask, it's not going to get the label. You wait and it gets there on day 32 you don't get the early release label. Right now every single coin is ELIGIBLE for First strike/Eaarly Release, but not all of them will get it, simply because they won't be sent in in the first 30 days.

13. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Well all I can respond to that is that seems like a worthless designation for this particular release. Why would it matter when the TPG graded the coin if all the coins were sold out in 20 minutes...now with the COA this seems even more of a gimmick. Maybe someone will pay more for a particular COA such as #1 or #30000?

14. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Makes sense to me. Early releases is a worthless designation. Period. In this case, it’s more worthless than usual.

Razz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted