2019 ASE Reverse Proof

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by dosequis4me, Nov 18, 2019.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Maybe tomorrow. :rolleyes:

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

I still think once the supply hits that the price could fall alot very quickly.

Who wants to pay that much for the coin....knowing it cost $70 at issue....and HAS TO pay that much ? Not many serious collectors, IMO. Those collectors either got filled last Thursday or will be patient.

Speculators ? Hmm.....

Once they are filled, this could be a classic case of an IPO soaring on restricted stock issuance and then falling once supply hits and overwhelms demand.

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Apparently a couple of thousand eBay buyers.

Indeed it could.

5. Tusky Ranger

Tusky Ranger Active Member

That sucks...didnt think of it that way! Thanks for the tip.

6. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

So your saying once the demand is supplied or overwhelm the price will fall? I better pay attention..

7. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Slackaction1. Yes something like that.
    There's a few factors. The "gotta have it now" people will drop off. The prices will continue to rise as long as the market will bear it.
    30K is low low mintage really compared to other offerings besides like gold or platinum but there aren't that many collectors of gold and platinum as there are of silver eagles.

The prices will drop I think but it won't drop to a point you'd be losing if you bought it at $65.95. Or even $250 I don't think.
    I think it will run as hot right through Christmas, maybe slow down after that. But very possible the supply isn't enough for demand and they fall into collector hands and then it costs more to shake one loose.
    Possible.. but unlikely to happen. There's a seller for everything at some point. Just depends on a person's situation and what's pushing them to sell.

This is low mintage. Are there 30k silver American Eagle collectors wanting this in their collections.. I dunno. But past history of other coins offered by the mint can't really be used as a gauge. It's a different thing than say commerative, or a gold or paladium, or something that never sold out or took days to sell out. There's a demand here and not sure how much of it was flippers and how much was collectors and how much people are willing to pay to get it but with Christmas around the corner and people looking for that special gift.... I could see this getting a bit crazy in the next month still for sure.
    It will peak and then the flippers will start undercutting each other to sell. But I just don't see this settling below $250 even long term.

I could be wrong. For sure the pride of two nations coin set with mintage of 110K was more than enough for collectors. You can buy it for what the mint sold it for.

Still a lot of presales that may not be fulfilled on ebay for instance. Seems to me like there's a long way to go on this release still.

slackaction1 and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  8. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

John, the Pride and 2013-W ASE's are basically the same coins as the 2019-S, right ?

9. slackaction1

Well I got a package brown in color says fulfillment center Memphis, Tn.. 4638 E SHEBY DR. I cant type my fingers shaking so bad it could be it but DONT open it right if sending it in to get graded right. dang how do you know if its one signed by the mint director or whomever it was..

10. John Burgess

You'll know after grading happens. First release, first day of issue, all those jazzy labels is how it works.
    It's coa #1 thru 100 so when they grade it the number will be on the slab description.
    You can check the box tracking to make sure it's the right package for this order though, would suck if you mailed pcgs a red copper pan or the shamwow. Haha

Johndoe2000$ and slackaction1 like this.
  11. John Burgess

The pride is the same. The 2013 W there was an enhanced uncirculated finish. Then there was a 2013 W reverse proof, neither are quite the same in appearance as the enhanced reverse proof.

Reverse proof is very similar to enhanced reverse proof but there's more shading/details in the frosting of her skirt and flag ect.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  12. slackaction1

I called to make sure... I see a couple of them on Ebay in the shipping box at 960.00 ends with in a hour the other is a bin 1050.00 obo.. If I sale it I would just by more of something... TY JOHN BURGESS.

13. John Burgess

You're welcome slackaction1.
    You're in it for about $70. It's one of those things that if you sell it you might never get around to buying it again. Unless you really need that $1000, nothing wrong with just keeping it as you intended when you bought it.
    Always your decision. You win either way you just might have regret for selling it later on if you blow the $1000 on an xbox or iPhone or whatever the kids are doing nowadays and never get around to buying it for your collection again .

I've been on the fence myself about it. I've got property taxes coming up and a sick dog that's costing me $400 a month in vet visits so kind of stressing that I'll be caught short when the tax bill comes due. I'll jump that shark when I get to it though.

GoldFinger1969 and slackaction1 like this.
  14. Joe98

Joe98 New Member

I'll probably flip mine when I get it......what do you think the signed coa is worth in addition to the coin?

15. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

This bullion coin is only fluff for a collection. Only collectors that have every issue, including the special ones (1995W) etc... actually need this one to keep up the complete sets.
    So... do you want a fluff bullion coin in your collection, or do you want to make 10-20 times your investment is what this boils down to.

slackaction1 likes this.
  16. jb10000lakes

jb10000lakes Well-Known Member

This will probably sound ignorant, but are people saying that when/if you are going to have it graded to send it in to PCGS (or whoever) without even opening the cardboard mailer it came in? This would be the 1st item I've even sent in, so utterly clueless to the 'process'. TIA.

17. Tusky Ranger

Tusky Ranger Active Member

You only have to mail the shipping box in if you want the Early/First Releases label (there are cut-off dates on the website). Both NGC and PCGS are offering basically the same services; both are offering to encapsulate the COA as well. Prices are about the same really. Some people are hung up on Early/First Release labels - some believe it adds to the value/some don't. I know NGC (www.ngccoin.com) has the really nice Trolley Car label for all S-mint coins ($5 or $10 extra I forget). NGC offers step-by-step instructions on how to submit. PCGS I would assume has the same thing; Ive never submitted to them. Hope it helps :)

18. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

It sold out in 20 minutes so only the ANA ones are early releases, correct? Otherwise they all are.

19. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Also if you want the COA encapsulated with matching serial numbers on both slabs.

Tusky Ranger and jwitten like this.
  20. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

21. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

wxcoin and slackaction1 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted