2019 ANA IN CHICAGO

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Treashunt, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I'm Googling this show and finding a show in Rosemont in August. Is that the one you're talking about? I got the impression it was this week from the way people are talking.

Stork likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mike Thorne

Mike Thorne Well-Known Member

My wife and I will be there for most of the show. I visited Harlan Berk one time years ago and bought a F12 1912-S from Tom DeLorey. Paid $90 for it, I think, which will give you an idea of how long ago it was. ThinkCoins is a major dealer out in the "burbs." I got some great bargains from them on eBay many years ago.

CoinCorgi likes this.
  4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

yes, in August.

I posted early for those, like me, who have to make reservations

5. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

This one:
    https://www.money.org/worldsfairofmoney

6. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Same here.

I'm staying at the Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel. It's pricier, but the spouse is tagging along, and she won't stay in any hotel that isn't brand-new and ultra-clean.

I could care less, since I've stayed at various levels of hotels, from five-stars to total dives, and regardless of the price, none of the hotel staffs can keep wedding guests from raising hell and keeping you up all friggin' night long. It's always a roll of the dice...

tibor likes this.
  7. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

I try to go whenever I'm in Chicago. I recently went there this past June when we were visiting and bought some nice world silver coins. Always a nice place to visit.

CoinCorgi likes this.
  8. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I live in the area. I used to go to one in Rosemont every year that focused on world coins, but then it either folded or moved to downtown Chicago - I'm not exactly clear. That was two or three years ago. I think this one is different. This focuses on more U.S. coins I'm guessing?

9. ddddd

ddddd Member

That one did fold. A new show for world coins was started in the Downtown area, but it didn’t last either (last year was the last time that was held).

They rolled the world show into the Central States show (Schaumburg-April).

This show (World’s Fair of Money) is one the biggest shows in the country. It rotates between cities (Rosemont had it a few years ago and now it’s back this year as well as 2021).

10. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

This is the ANA show (link above)....plenty of world coins. I went to Philadelphia last year and was able to do one of the classes ahead of time (ancients). Lots of fun!

I'm hoping to sneak a trip in, I have Amtrak and hotel points I can use. Or maybe just drive. I hate flying so that is not an option for something that (relatively) close.

Cool, IIRC we live near each other. Hope you get a table so I can say hello.

tibor likes this.
  11. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

I will be there to look for Walkers. Let’s get some sliders from Gibson’s!

12. Treashunt

How about:
    Anyone with a table, please post your table # so we can visit.

13. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

I'm not a dealer but I will be manning a club table off and on all week. Will be at table 1764 (ISNA). Feel free to stop by and say hi.

14. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

I will be there Wed-Sat.
    It would be good to meet with other CoinTalk members. Maybe a meeting place/time for others to 'check in' at.

15. Treashunt

come on, how about a meeting time/place

any suggestions?

There is a table area to the right of the entrance area, for lunch etc.

How about noon on Friday?

16. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me.

17. Stork

Boo. I had to change my travel plans. I'll be leaving just early enough that is too late. Oh well. Such is life, at least I still get to hang out part of Wednesday and Thursday.

18. Treashunt

okay how about Thursday at noon, so Stork can meet up.

19. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

Yep, sounds like a plan.

20. Stork

Thursday would work! Chicago has become a stop on a cross country trip so my acquisitions need to be kept to a minimum. Taking time to socialize will be helpful...I hope.

I have no desire to schlep a ton of coins from home to Chicago to California and back to the East Coast again. I may not even bring anything to sell/swap as I won't want to be carrying them around even longer. And, my idea of bringing a few for glamour shots from BluCC just bit the dust too.

21. Treashunt

Does anyone know if Mike Diamond will be there?

and his table #?

Draft saved Draft deleted