2018 Secret Santa Sign Up

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by mikenoodle, Oct 25, 2018.

1. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Wheeee!!! Thanks to all for helping to the couple of helpers who took on a second person!

Now everyone has an assigned giftee, and NOBODY is exchanging with the same person.... at least that I’m letting on.

Thanks all and Merry Christmas!!!

Seattlite86, green18, CircCam and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

I certainly had fun as the host of the CT Secret Santa for the last few years, but I’m so excited that I get to just participate this year. And Mike is a perfect host for this exchange. He already dedicates quite a bit of himself to educating, informing and entertaining the numismatic community. He’s been like Santa all along.

And with that, here are some of my very favorite coins received in this exchange over the last seven years (I think).
    FF7E5E3F-3017-48DD-ADFA-EA53C8D05A8A.jpeg

4. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

You’re far too kind, Kirk.

But thanks!

Kirkuleez likes this.
  5. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

6. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

7. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

Put mine in the mail today. Nice to have the pressure off and I can now sit back and enjoy the posts.

green18, CircCam and Chris B like this.
  8. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Mine is either in the mail or delivered. Just not saying yet. Waiting for my recipient to post that they got it.

9. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Got mine! Can't wait to open Christmas Eve! Thanks Santa!

Amos 811 likes this.
  10. CircCam

CircCam Victory

Busy week and just now checked the mailbox. Package received! Thanks Secret Santa!!!

7DEF7AE6-871D-4C1F-B759-68FB6C1F87EA.jpeg

Willpower....

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  11. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

Santa came today! This sucker is heavy! I am gona take a few deep breaths, and drink a beer before I open it TONIGHT! KIMG2843.JPG

12. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

OMG! I am scared to open this. My Santa did some recon on me and its looking like I got some really cool things in this box, im utterly speechless atm. I am gona let this letter sink in a bit before going further. KIMG2844.JPG

13. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

14. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

KIMG2846.JPG getting heaver I think....

15. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

KIMG2847.JPG KIMG2848.JPG
    KIMG2849.JPG KIMG2850.JPG KIMG2851.JPG
    Thank you Secret Santa! I am going to hang the 1982 collection up in my office. The bar is sweet! I have only one other and it is smaller. And the 1909 VDBS is my only one, I just need a way to shrink it to fit in a whitmans :) Thank you very much, great gifts! Merry Christmas to you, and everyone on CT! I cant wait to see what everyone else gets!

16. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

Must be karma. I sent my SS gift out this morning and found a SS gift in my mailbox this afternoon.

Thanks Santa, let the anticipation begin:cool:

USS656, Seattlite86, CircCam and 2 others like this.
  17. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

It looks like I received my SS gift today. We'll see if I can hold till Christmas.

USS656, Amos 811, mikenoodle and 2 others like this.
  18. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

My mail usually takes a little longer to travel to me and I’m also not going to be able to get my mail for about two weeks, so if it doesn’t arrive in about a week, my secret Santa might have to wait a bit longer, but I promise I will post when I get my post, post-haste!

19. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Got mine yesterday! Can't decide... rip it open right now or wait until Christmas Eve... or Christmas... decisions, decisions... ;-)

20. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

A couple thoughts.... we are supposed to wait (yeah, right, for most) for Christmas to open. But honestly, based on previous years, it seems more photos of the gifts tend to be posted and SS thanked when the gift is opened early. And everybody appreciates seeing the pics. But there are some who both wait to open, and post pics. The other thought is hey, it's a gift, and why wait?????? Me, not yet gotten any from my SS but I am hoping I will wait until at least closer to Christmas Day.

Amos 811, spirityoda and green18 like this.
  21. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I waited until Christmas. Here is my AMAZING gift from last year from Green18. He knew I had been on the hunt for one for my Rhode Island collection for a year, and must have requested my name for the giveaway C9D3F28C-016A-439B-AF17-DA8B37822523.jpeg Thanks Ken!
    The year BEFORE that I received TWO Dan Carr medals, one silver and one bronze. A quick search showed them to be popular and valuable. So generous! I wish I had a picture, I’ll have to dig them out to photo.

Draft saved Draft deleted