2018 Secret Santa Sign Up

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by mikenoodle, Oct 25, 2018.

1. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

The good thing about that is that you probably cannot go wrong. For people that specialize in a couple areas I find it harder as they are likely more discerning. It's also hard to know if they already have what you might consider to fit their collection. Regardless, the fun is receiving something someone else felt you would like. Received the picture below (along with a number of other nice coins) a couple years ago and it still sits on my desk in a prominent place. I do not normally collect dimes but who doesn't like 10 shiny silver coins! I know I also really enjoy the gift of giving knowing you will bring a smile to someone during the holiday. It may be the only numismatic gift they receive for the holidays.

upload_2018-11-25_14-7-14.png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. USS656

Bought mine over the last two days so now I am anxious to see the gifts in hand. :nailbiting: If the gifts meet my expectations, I will be happy to get them off to my recipient early.

4. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Going to a coin show on Sunday (hopefully, if the weather cooperates) and see what I can find there for my recipient. Who knows what it will be? Yeah, a coin or two or whatever, but no idea what will strike my fancy. May or may not be what the guy or gal collects for themselves. Whatever it is, my recipient best be happy!!!!, 'cause it is coin-related... It could be worse (I have a good imagination). Yet I do hope it is really appreciated.

spirityoda and mikenoodle like this.
  5. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Here's my favorite gif ever posted for Secret Santa. I can't remember who first did it. Makes me laugh everytime I see it.
    ba45703fbe18353868c714cd1e42c0cc.gif

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I believe I received my gift on Monday at my job address.. I missed the past 2 days at work and will be missing today due to a death in my family.. I hope my secret Santa reads this.. I will get to you very soon!
    Can't wait to see what I got :)

7. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

My sympathy on your loss, paddyman.

Aren’t you going to wait until Christmas to open it?

paddyman98 likes this.
  8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Ha.. Yes sure.
    I don't get too many gifts anyway. So I have at least one now. Thanks..

9. mikenoodle

And THIS is how it’s done, folks!

You receive your gift
    You post to say that it got there
    You wait until Christmas to open it (hopefully)
    You post pictures of your gift for everyone to enjoy!

Great clinic paddyman!

Any questions?

paddyman98 likes this.
  10. USS656

Ditto - Very sorry for your loss! :(

spirityoda and paddyman98 like this.
  11. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

I have my items together in a pile to mail off. Should go out this week to the lucky (hopefully they feel that way) recipient.

12. tmeyer

tmeyer Au hunter

Got mine gift yesterday. Ready to send it out.

13. mikenoodle

Hey I have a latecomer single. If you or someone you know wants to get in, we can have a round 2!!!

14. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Just ordered my gift(s) for my recipient! I'm excited, i think i picked a/some cool gift(s).

15. wgpjr

wgpjr Collector

Received my gift today (that was fast!). Doubt I'll wait until Christmas to open it. lol

Jason Istvan and Amos 811 like this.
  16. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

:)

mikenoodle and C-B-D like this.
  17. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I'm in. Wondered why I hadn't received my assignment yet, until I realized I had forgotten to sign up! D'oh! :facepalm:

18. mikenoodle

Small turnout this year, but it is what it is. Does anyone else want in before I close it for this year?

Last Call!!!!!

19. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike! Always believed quality over quantity when people are involved!;)

Rassi likes this.
  20. USS656

Even though I have not received mine yet (plenty of time, no worries) I already feel like there are presents under the coin talk trees and I cannot wait for people to start sharing their gifts. So who will be the first to break down and open theirs?

12:01am on Dec 25th is Christmas morning, may be the first gift I open, just a little early in the morning. :D

21. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

I received mine a couple days ago :) Thank you very much santa! I'll wait till Christmas to open it.

Pickin and Grinin, Amos 811 and Kasia like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted