2018 Secret Santa Sign Up

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by mikenoodle, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

I wonder if this web site was updated following the President's decision to give federal employees the day before Christmas off?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

We have informed delivery but it is rarely accurate. It says we had 3 packages waiting today when in fact there were zero.

Still waiting on my SS gift. Hopefully, Monday will be the day.

4. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

Our local PO is telling people they are open until noon Monday.

5. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

SS present arrived today. But the opening will wait until Tuesday.

image.jpeg

mikenoodle and Seattlite86 like this.
  6. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

My son's been bugging me since the day it got here.
    Still waiting though.:)

CREATIVECRHUNTER and tmeyer like this.
  7. Mark Metzger

Mark Metzger Well-Known Member

We were not so patient...
    What an awesome group of stuff from our secret santa!!! The toning on the Morgan from it's old cardboard marketing tomb is phenomenal!
    Thanks SS!!! Whoever you are...
    IMG_20181222_133143.jpg IMG_20181222_133157.jpg IMG_20181222_133221.jpg IMG_20181222_133237.jpg

8. CREATIVECRHUNTER

CREATIVECRHUNTER Well-Known Member

For future reference, where do you look up how many posts you have on Cointalk?

The Secret Santa said we were to have 200 posts to participate.

Thank you for your help.

Happy Holidays, One and All!

9. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Click on your name and go see where it tells you how many messages you have. That is the number of posts.

10. Kasia

I got something today! I think it might just be my SS gift. I am waiting at least not in the next few minutes to open it.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    charlietig, Kentucky and mikenoodle like this.
  11. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

WOW!!!!!!!! My jaw just hit my desk. That is a very generous Secret Santa. That Tidy House Morgan is spectacular!! Merry Christmas....

12. CREATIVECRHUNTER

CREATIVECRHUNTER Well-Known Member

Thank you, Kasia
    I'll take a look. : )

13. Kasia

It was my SS gift! And yes, I opened it. Here are the pics. Santa sent me a 1964 Mint Set, and it was because he knew I liked to grade coins. So this set will be opened and taken out of it's packaging. I will have to see these coins. So nice for me to have fun with!

Thank you so much!

(quicky pics with my phone)

number 1.jpg Number 2.jpg Number 3.jpg

14. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Glad you like you're gift from whoever sent it :)

15. Kasia

I got through setting those coins free from that packaging. That's one less set still together. Most of the coins are quite low grade MS, which to some degree was quite apparent even while they were in the cello wrap. Not surprised for a variety of reasons, but there is one coin that really has great luster and I think would probably grade MS65. It is the Philly Quarter. I was thinking it has enough luster for a 66 grade but too many marks for that. Though I guess it could go MS64 for some. These are preliminary grades (haven't looked too hard at them). I will be taking pics over the next week and probably create a thread for them.

I want to really thank my SS for this one. I rarely go further in opening up a package and freeing the coins, as many are rather common to see them at MS62 and MS63 and value wise (for resale later if one doesn't intend to keep them) it always seems better to keep the coins the way they were originally. This is fun to not worry about that and free some and see them and compare to other coins I've picked up that are also uncirculated. One thing is apparent... whether coins are found in rolls new from the mint or in this packaging, the quality (only talking about MS 60- and up) is quite 'normal' and just because they took the coins to sell in a mint set does not mean the coins had a better, more pristine minting.

Really great to have this.

16. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

That is just..................Bloody creepy.

mikenoodle and Kentucky like this.
  17. Pickin and Grinin

Photo?

18. Pickin and Grinin

As a nickel guy, those look pretty nice! They seem to have some subtle toning.

19. Kasia

It will have to wait. I'm tired and I need to get out a different camera and have some daylight to go with it. Then will so a different thread probably.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  20. Pickin and Grinin

I look forward to the thread.

charlietig and Kasia like this.
  21. Pickin and Grinin

Meanwhile the Kitty otherwise called "Titty"
    Tebow is a rescue, found in a barn abandoned.
    Absolutely the best, he smiles when you call his name.:) IMG_20181222_190827.jpg IMG_20181222_191057.jpg IMG_20181222_184112.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted