2018-P Penny Die Clash Question

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by bditto39, Nov 21, 2019.

1. bditto39

bditto39 Active Member

I have been searching uncirculated 2018 P Loomis rolls, and I have found about 8 of this particular die clash (in the picture it's a noticeable line between Lincoln's collar and lower hair behind neck). There is a prominent raised spot on this variety between the I and B in LIBERTY that looks like a die gouge. It almost looks like it pushes in the base of the B on the left side, so would this be something other than just a die gouge?

Just to note, the die clash is noticeable also as a line heading S from the tip of Lincoln's nose. On better strikes I have found, a slight line is visible below TRUST from the bottom of the shield as well as parallel lines from the shield stripes
    are slightly visible
    both in front and back of Lincoln's head. I need a better picture of the whole coin in the future since this one was taken with an iPhone through a loop...sorry about that.

IMG-0785tt.JPG IMG-0786 (1).JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I'm confused.. Are you seeing a Die Clash or a Die Gouge.. Those are 2 totally different issues to which none I see.

4. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

From the photos you posted it's hard to see what you're talking about. It would be helpful if you could post better photos with the coin removed from the holder. Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted