2018 lincoln cent error worth?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Lottokg, Jul 23, 2018.

?

I found 4 roles of these all double on the date and "D" also punch through

1. Punch

33.3%
  2. Machine doubling

66.7%
  3. Die cracks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

Can you show us your collection?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinBlazer

I wont thank you becuase I'm not here looking at Zincolns trying to sell them to ignorant people who don't know better

4. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

You are correct that people are buying them on ebay for exorbitant amounts. However, you need to ask yourself, are these knowledgeable collectors buying a truly rare coin that they want for their collection, or are they speculators hoping for a quick flip, or uninformed collectors who have not done the research?

It’s been pointed out that the “Errors” you see are due to overworked dies. The mint, like any high volume manufacturer, is trying to make coins at the lowest possible cost. If you do some research, you’ll find the mint frequently uses dies to the point of overuse. Coins with these defects are common and can frequently be found in change. Due to the number available, and lack of a collector base actively looking for these to add to their long term collections, they DO NOT have any added value.

Now, if you want to speculate and unload theses on ebay before the uninformed realize they have no market, that’s your business. But just like beanie babies, 90’s baseball cards, and tulip bulbs in the 1600’s, somebody is going to be left holding the bag when reality sets in and they find no long term collector market.

I would strongly recommend following your own advice and do the research before telling people they don’t know anything. And let us know what the other, more experienced groups say about your coins. It's always nice to learn something

CHARLES ROSENBAUM and CoinBlazer like this.
  5. CoinBlazer

You don't know anything, Youve only been an ANA member since 1982:wacky:

6. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I understand your point of view, and I appreciate it, but this guy has proven that he is not interested in learning. He is only interested in pawning these coins off to unsuspected buyers.
    He already said that the market was in his favor. Some poor guy on ETSY will be trying to pawn these off for years.

MontCollector likes this.
  7. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

@furryfrog02 it sure gets old. At least most have been civil lately and willing to learn.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  8. CoinBlazer

He said he is going to a different group of experienced collectors
    anyone wanna run over to coincommunity.com and say hi to our bro?

9. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

YouTube :hilarious:
    The fountain of misinformation!
    You make me laugh... And the word is rolls not roles :facepalm:

Die Deterioration Doubling is worthless doubling!

MontCollector likes this.
  10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

The Die the strikes the blank planchet is deteriorated not the Cent itself.. Clearly you know nothing about the minting process :facepalm:

Not a Doubled Die

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  11. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

The word is "roll" not role. I guess English classes are scarce under a bridge. Add a t to it and it describes you bro.

12. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I once had a cent for over 96 hours and it dissolved:)

Cheech9712 likes this.
  13. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

That's planchet, not planxher ;)
    :facepalm:

paddyman98 likes this.
  14. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Can I post the picture of my dog yet?

15. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Only if the dog is angry at OP for wasting everyone's time. Right @Bud1 Wilson ? :)

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  16. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Sort of like comic relief.

17. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Thanks you guys. Thanks for being so patient with an uninformed OP such as this one. I would have given up after the third post. And yes, it can be entertaining, but more frustrating for many.

Stevearino and Nyatii like this.
  18. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Wow, having to exercise my "Ignore" button for the 29th time. But, that's what it's there for....:joyful:

19. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

If the OP stopped posting, does anyone think this is an irreparable loss to CT?

Stevearino likes this.
  20. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

I just checked eBay listings and anything sold recently hasn't gone over $60 or so for a full box. Not sure where you get that number.

21. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

That's what they sell for at the bridge swap meet!

Draft saved Draft deleted