2018 D Penny Doubling?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Abr0gate, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Abr0gate

Abr0gate New Member

Hello,

I found this 2018 D Penny in circulation the other day, and it looks to me like there is some doubling on the word "God", but nowhere else on the coin. If you look really close at the G, it looks like there is a space between the two tails of the G's. I am fairly new at looking for errors, so I am not sure if this is machine doubling, a doubled die, or if I'm just seeing things. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

dchjr likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Interesting.. I see evidence of Die Deterioration but that's some good doubling!

@Rick Stachowski take a look

4. lovecoinswalkingliberty

lovecoinswalkingliberty Well-Known Member

Major doubled die... at least it looks like
    DDD probs

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  5. lovecoinswalkingliberty

lovecoinswalkingliberty Well-Known Member

Nice job.....you said Doubled:happy:

6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

7. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

DDD probably, but that serif on the G is interesting. Maybe some other pictures from different angles?

8. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

I would like to see the full obverse and reverse and as stated some different angles. Imo
    Welcome to Cointalk
    Dave

9. Abr0gate

Abr0gate New Member

Hey guys! Thanks for all of the replies! As requested, here are some more pictures from some different angles and with different lighting. Let me know if there is any other picture I could take that you think would help. Thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

10. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

IMO is Die deterioration. Thanks for the extra pics. The second from the last "looks" like a DD, but it should show from all the other angles. Not showing, makes me believe it's the lighting on the deterioration that makes it look like it does.

Abr0gate likes this.
  11. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Like many have said, it's nothing of a doubled die ..

12. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

You certainly have the knack of the picture-taking down. Seriously, this is the quality we need for any error suspects you get. These are single squeezes, not two, so the doubled dies aren't like the traditional ones. These are a little cornier. I'm not saying that's what this is, I only collect the real ones.

Draft saved Draft deleted