2018 American Silver Eagle proof

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Santinidollar, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

FYI, the 2018 American Silver Eagle proof went on sale today at the US Mint.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Nathan401 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

My auto ship order processed this AM. Free shipping if you do not rush the shipping.

4. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Across the counter in Philly, D.C., Denver, and now... Tampa.

5. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

Getting mine automatically through enrollment, but not happy about the price ($55.95), considering silver is at ~$17.30.

6. Santinidollar

Yeah, the price seems to go up a couple of bucks a year. As far as the price of silver goes, doesn’t the Mint lock into a hedging contract?

Not too worried about the price since it may be the only business the Mint gets from me this year.

19Lyds likes this.
  7. V. Kurt Bellman

The price of the silver is SUCH a minor portion of the cost of making ASE proofs that I'm amazed anyone even mentions it. Look around! The price of CLAD commemorative halves is now well north of $20, and it even has crummy packaging.

8. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

nevermind, math error, lol

9. TONYBRONX

TONYBRONX Well-Known Member

i'm in St. Pete Fl. might go the Fun coin show tommorow if I feel better, been under the weather! my Question is would I be able to buy one of these proofs from representatives of the US Mint??
    This is proberbly a stupid question!

10. V. Kurt Bellman

The answer is almost certainly YES. The Mint nearly always has their opening new year sale item available at F.U.N. I'd be surprised if there isn't a show label available, for those into that.

11. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

It is actually cheaper this year with a subscription. It use to cost $2 more including shipping, which is free this year. I'm happy.

12. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The usual show label options are available again at FUN if someone wanted those

13. Santinidollar

Mine arrived today. Will stay in mint packaging. Anybody planning to get theirs graded?

D568FA82-4490-4146-AD6C-5D739CCFA23F.jpeg 76FED5EF-07D2-4FA2-9EB3-636FFA4C7E74.jpeg

4EFB68E1-D9BC-4134-91DF-C6D2759B2BA5.jpeg

Gilbert, onecenter, SchwaVB57 and 2 others like this.
  14. TONYBRONX

Lovely coins aren't they I have the 2017 anniversary coin with the edge inscribed I have debated to have it graded! But they are beautiful!

15. TONYBRONX

Lovely coins aren't they I have the 2017 anniversary coin with the edge inscribed I have debated to have it graded! But they are beautiful!
    Sorry for the doubled message I could not delete this one!

16. Santinidollar

I really enjoy getting one a year. Just for the pure enjoyment.

17. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

18. TONYBRONX

19. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Since they moved to the flat background from the basined one, I haven't been as interest in them. I don't remember when the made the change, but I think it was in the early 90's. Nice coin, but it's like buying a 1962 Ford Falcon that they haven't changed the design of, and it's 1994.

20. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

You have to admit Finn this 62 Falcon would be fun on a road track! DD7A4B5D-F9AD-4E09-8E70-838AE1995879.jpeg

Santinidollar likes this.
  21. V. Kurt Bellman

Draft saved Draft deleted