2017p

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kaosleeroy108, Dec 28, 2018.

1. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

I am going to be referring to a thread from another forum which I personally am not a member cause I like coin talk but its respective non the less

This 2017 DDO is pretty minor, but it is consistent with the Class IV DDO's of the modern mint's single squeeze hubbing era. Wexler has two versions of the 2017 DDO on his site (WDDO-001 and WDDO-002), but this coin seems to have a bit more spread and does not have the die markers of the WDDOs.

In general, all of the numbers/letters look a bit chubby. Then under magnification, the spread is apparent. There is also a little ejection doubling here that confuses the hub doubling. The most notable spread is in the "ERTY" of "LIBERTY" (pictures leave a little to be desired). The date has a pretty good spread in the 2 and 1; a little less so in the 7. Interestingly, there is also a bit of a spread on the lower serif of the "P" mintmark. This is cool because the 2017 is a novel inclusion of the "P" mintmark and in the modern times were MM's are hubbed with everything else, they can get doubled too! Clearly, it is not a '55 DDO, but it is pretty awesome that you can still find an honest double die in pocket change.

Liberty

[​IMG]

Date

[​IMG]

Trust

[​IMG]

Trust

[​IMG]

Tagged

Seattlite86 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

4. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

There's two working hubs for this year .
    DDO #1 and #2 both have markers and need to be check for .

I'm thinking it's from one of the working hubs, otherwise ..

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

You didn't write all that yourself did you? Copy and paste?

6. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Man, I really have trouble seeing the doubling, except for the S in TRUST. I am not raining on anyone else’s parade, but I can’t get excited about doubling I can’t see with the naked eye or a 5x loupe.

Steve

Johndoe2000$ and Clawcoins like this.
  7. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

This microscopic stuff has me stymied too. If it ain't like the 1955 or 1969 DDs I'm not very interested.

Stevearino likes this.
  8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If you need a microscope to find errors it's not an error.

Stevearino and kaosleeroy108 like this.
  9. kaosleeroy108

I did mention this .

my intention on reposting this article here is that I wanted to point out that is still possible to find errors even though maybe not earlier errors.. bring it to the forefront of mind I wanted to say if anybody has one of these either a class 1 and class 2 double die I consider buying off of them for reasonable price

10. kaosleeroy108

innocence I 100% agree collection nut but if it'll pass certification test by pcgs or ngc ... I'd like to get a sample of it ..

Collecting Nut likes this.
  11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

A 10x is fine but a microscope?

12. kaosleeroy108

Utmost concern is that do you feel that these minor error are worth the headache or hassle of looking fore

13. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

The one I REALLY am puzzled about is the supposed 2018 cent featured in recent Coin World posts. I’m really confused: how does a thickening become a doubled die?

Steve

Draft saved Draft deleted