2017p

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by kaosleeroy108, Mar 23, 2017.

1. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Hey post where your finding 2017 p Lincoln shield cents by the roll in circulation. I live near NYC I haven't gotten any yet...

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Lowell Knouff

Lowell Knouff New Member

We've received 2017 P cents from everywhere in SC.
    I even went to the bank in Charleston a few days ago to get some rolls of "old" cents and every roll I got was 2017 P. Not an old cent in the bunch.

4. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

Nothing in central NY yet that I have seen.

5. Here in Eastern NC, thye are everywhere now. not many dimes or nickels coming thru tho..

6. STU

STU Active Member

nothing upstate ny next to canada border

7. Nas

Nas Well-Known Member

nothing in middle of TN :/ so just purchased a roll of 2017P on ebay last week

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

8. easj3699

easj3699 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen one on the east coast of Florida yet.

9. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Have not seen any in Maine yet.

10. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Not a single 17p in buffalo either. Western ny

11. STU

STU Active Member

thats what i did at least i will have a few uncirculated ones

Nas likes this.
  12. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Why am i getting unsurciribe notification

13. Jaja78

Jaja78 Member

Southeastern MA, haven't seen a single 1 (and I handle the change orders / cash drawer balancing at work).

14. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

Southern Tier NY. A few in change and a sealed roll from the grocery. My new best friend (been workin this for a year) at local branch of my bank has confirmed he can order all I want in May. Dimes and nickels too. He put in a coin "new" order for me in Feb. but they sent 16's and couldn't get the 17's yet. I took the 16's :).

Now some "splainin" is due from all those other teller's, managers and even corporate itself when always told from all their branches that they can't order "new" coin. My mother has been a depositor since early 70's and myself since early 80's.

15. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

None yet in southern Louisiana.

16. Jaja78

Jaja78 Member

[QUOTE="Now some "splainin" is due from all those other teller's, managers and even corporate itself when always told from all their branches that they can't order "new" coin. My mother has been a depositor since early 70's and myself since early 80's.[/QUOTE]

I'd be slow to demand their splainin', the "evil corporate overlords" often set policies that simply because an employee is able to do something doesn't mean they're supposed to do it. A comment to the wrong coworker/ boss and your new best friend might become the next victim of no good deed goes unpunished :hilarious:

We once had an employee give a sweet old lady an extra coupon, the sweet old lady called corporate to complement how nice that "employee Suzy " was. Next thing you know HR calls to have us fire "Suzy" for discount abuse.

17. davdo

davdo Senior Member

Nothing here in Central Fla.

18. Heater

Heater Well-Known Member

I'd be slow to demand their splainin', the "evil corporate overlords" often set policies that simply because an employee is able to do something doesn't mean they're supposed to do it. A comment to the wrong coworker/ boss and your new best friend might become the next victim of no good deed goes unpunished :hilarious:

We once had an employee give a sweet old lady an extra coupon, the sweet old lady called corporate to complement how nice that "employee Suzy " was. Next thing you know HR calls to have us fire "Suzy" for discount abuse.[/QUOTE]

Of course you are right. Do not mess with losing a good teller.

I'll leave corporate out of it and put in that order with the teller. Number of months ago walked into one of the branches a ways away and......oh, your the one! The one for what I ask.? The one that ask for a box once in awhile and you can have all you want.

Now of course, the closest local branch of the bank is like (teenager speak) literally a half mile from my Mom's home. Never ask for coin there. That is the rolled dumped bank and they will take it cause they have to. Mom's has had more then one dismissed from there. Her pet peave, "count the money back", but they can't seem to handle it. Were talking really small amounts.....100, 300...."you can't count that , just want to hand it to me and basically see ya". How the manager of that branch stays employed I don't know.

19. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

20. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

None for me near Boston, I've come across some 2017p nickels though, so I imagine the cents will be here in short order.

21. Geod

Geod Member

I'm on vacation in Port St. Lucy in Florida and received 2 - 2017p cents from Publix. Also received 2 - 2017p dimes on the Florida Turnpike

Draft saved Draft deleted