2017 Super Bowl 51 Contest, Win a Daniel Carr Design!!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by fretboard, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Ok friends, I'm having a Super Bowl contest, that's right!! I don't know if y'all caught today's game of Green Bay Packers spanking the oodles out of Dallas!! Actually it wasn't much of a beating but Green Bay won 34-31 and it was truly exciting!! Oh and just so you know, I'm really not much for either team but it was a dang good game! Now back to the contest!! The objective is to guess the two teams that are gonna face off for the Super Bowl and the winning score. That's right, so obviously you gotta guess who's gonna be in the Super Bowl before the ending of the final playoffs game.

Then you gotta come back before the Super Bowl game starts and guess the winning team and the winning score. That's right, not so easy to do. I will likely give more information as time goes forward but I will list my example of how to guess and the prize. Since there's been so much talk about Daniel Carr, whether he's a counterfeiter and blah, blah, blah! I decided to give away one of his designs which is also and oz of silver. Look at the pics! The wife is calling me so you can guess your first guess before the last deciding playoffs game! I will come back with all the particulars at a later date. This time of the month, I'm really busy as y'all are. My guess example is below. Thats all you have to know for right now!! Sorry YN's, this is for adults only, no YN's this time! Also, it's only for US residents. Since I live in California we will go by Pacific Time Zone/ PST on game day! Please, if you see a problem that I can run into b/c of the way I worded this contest, let me know so I can correct it. I'll be back to add more to the particulars.

Here's my example, realize that these teams aren't even gonna play, I don't think. lol And it's just a dummy guess, in fact if I made a blatant mistake please let me know so I can correct it! On Jan 17th I guess that the Raiders vs the Minnesota Vikings for the Superbowl on 2/5/17.

Then on Super Bowl Sunday, before 3pm PST, I guess Oakland will win 74 to 71, I know ridiculous scores. You see, everyone gets tw $_57.JPG $33333_57.JPG ContestPics 026.JPG ContestPics 027.JPG ContestPics 029.JPG o guesses for two different items. ONe guess for the teams and another guess for the winning score and who's gonna win!! Any questions or corrections, ask away or help me out if I made a mistake. The prize is below, number 0362 out of 2500 minted. BTW, only the last 3 pics are of the Silver Round you could win!! ~good luck!!

juris klavins likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. NumisRookie

NumisRookie Active Member

I'm gonna pick Falcons vs Steelers

First contest I've entered btw. Thanks for holding it!

4. afox

afox sometime collector Supporter

Thanks for the contest!

I am going for my Patriots on one end against the Packers on the other. The Falcons looked good but I'll go with Aaron.

5. fretboard

Yeah, Aaron Rodgers did Super well, great classic game today! You two guys who guessed already don't forget to come back and guess the winning score, anytime before game time. ~Cheers!!

NumisRookie likes this.
  6. fretboard

Hey friends,
    Not to be messed up or anything but the contest is for two separate guesses. Basically if you are out of town or something and you come into the contest after the playoffs and you guess the winning team and score, all you win is bragging rights. I know it might sound messed up but thems da rules! Lets have fun with this, there's gonna be some great games being played! And then, king of the mountain, the Superbowl!! tmoney.gif

Welcome to the contest NumisRookie, the guy who won last years contest was new here as well and it was also his first contest and first win!! Check out page 5 on the link!! good luck!!

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/su...-a-bank-an-slq-and-an-nfl-medal.274336/page-5

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    NumisRookie likes this.
  7. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Patriots vs. Greenbay
    Patriots 32
    Greenbay 30

8. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Deflatriots

green18 likes this.
  9. chip

chip Novice collector

Dallas has been good all year long, the Giants had their number but Dallas could not get by Green bean packers. Green Beans go to atlanta, and win against the Dirty Birds. Patriots go against the steelers, but Bellichek has their number, so the super bowl ends up being between the packers and the patriots, with the Pats crushing the packers 44-13

10. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Pats over Packers 28-10

11. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Patriots vs Green Bay

12. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Falcons VS Steelers

13. GoldBug999

GoldBug999 Well-Known Member

Steelers vs Green Bay

14. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Patriots over Green Bay, 34-31

15. samclemens3991

samclemens3991 Well-Known Member

I will guess the Patriots will play the Falcons.
    I expect the score to be Patriots 31 Falcons 24
    Thanks for the contest. Good luck everyone.

16. kSigSteve

kSigSteve Active Member

Packers vs Patriots.

Packers winning 31-28

17. Golden age

Golden age Go for the gold

Pats over Packers. 27-24

18. mgmgmg75

mgmgmg75 Active Member

Patriots vs Green Bay, Bay wins.
    17 to 24

19. GoldBug999

GoldBug999 Well-Known Member

Wait, aren't we supposed to weigh in with the projected score after the AFC and NFC championship games?

20. Golden age

Golden age Go for the gold

What about possible tie breakers ?

21. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Steelers will beat the Packers 28-24

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.