2017 San Francisco ase

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kaosleeroy108, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Prove that statement isn't just propaganda. Your complaint is filled with misinformation

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Good thing you're not a lawyer. Here it is again.

Here's a link to file an online complaint with the U.S. Treasury Department Inspector General. You can file anonymously and mint mismanagement is a legit complaint. If they get a bunch of these, they may do something about it.

https://www.treasury.gov/about/organizational-structure/ig/Pages/OigOnlineHotlineForm.aspx

Here's a sample complaint:

David Motl, Acting Principal Deputy Director
    United States Mint

I am filing this complaint because of mismanagement (or worse) by David Motl, Acting Principal Deputy Director of the United States Mint. The U.S. Mint under Mr. Motl’s direction repeatedly offers limited edition coins in a manner that allows a few large business interests to monopolize the entire issue. The most recent abuse was an offering for the 2017 Congratulations Set on April 4, 2017 with no ordering limits. This issue sold out in less than two minutes and most collectors were shutout. It appears from aftermarkets sales, a few large dealers bought most of the sets. Please review Mr. Motl’s business practices in order to assure all U.S. Mint customers have a chance to purchase their offerings. Thank You.

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I will apologize, I did not realize you were so unarmed for an intelligent conversation. Please continue with the false reports and third grade antics

5. statequarterguy

Baseball, Baseball, Baseball I've wasted all the I'm going to with you, other than reposts. Go enjoy your Saturday. Here it is again.

Here's a link to file an online complaint with the U.S. Treasury Department Inspector General. You can file anonymously and mint mismanagement is a legit complaint. If they get a bunch of these, they may do something about it.

https://www.treasury.gov/about/organizational-structure/ig/Pages/OigOnlineHotlineForm.aspx

Here's a sample complaint:

David Motl, Acting Principal Deputy Director
    United States Mint

I am filing this complaint because of mismanagement (or worse) by David Motl, Acting Principal Deputy Director of the United States Mint. The U.S. Mint under Mr. Motl’s direction repeatedly offers limited edition coins in a manner that allows a few large business interests to monopolize the entire issue. The most recent abuse was an offering for the 2017 Congratulations Set on April 4, 2017 with no ordering limits. This issue sold out in less than two minutes and most collectors were shutout. It appears from aftermarkets sales, a few large dealers bought most of the sets. Please review Mr. Motl’s business practices in order to assure all U.S. Mint customers have a chance to purchase their offerings. Thank You.

6. statequarterguy

Anyone have their backorders ship yet? Mine has not.

7. statequarterguy

No movement on my backorder. Maybe they are actually making them to fill the orders. With as hot as this issue is, I doubt there'll be any returns, unless they're so bad they can't send them out again.

8. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Got mine today. They're nice. This has been the most easy, and fastest delivery, experience I've ever had ordering a "hot" mint item.

9. statequarterguy

It'd feel a lot smoother if I wasn't still backordered, hard to believe these weren't all made and ready to go. Was/were yours ever on backorder?

10. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

No and I even lost a few seconds pulling out my wallet as I forgot it wanted the CC security code. Very smooth experience for me.

11. statequarterguy

LOL, I had my code, must have placed the order in the first 30 seconds. Oh well, I guess I'm lucky I got an order in, but, I'll feel better when I see it.

12. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Why would anyone complain about how these were released? The mint gave us a present with these. I wish they would do things like this a lot more.. it could help me make some more money!

13. statequarterguy

Unfortunately a few got a present; I suspect the majority got a hunk of coal. That equates to a few happy customers and a lot of lost ones.

Santinidollar likes this.
  14. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

The Mint has them all made. They just hold some back so their favorite customers can get most of the FS/ER Labels. They did that on the baseball coins and probably others. All companies have favorite customers, so does the Mint. If you watch Ebay after each "hot" release you can figure out who they are. I've watched for a few years now and they get in on every hot item with multiple items.

You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

Between high Mint prices, high grading fees and Ebay fees you HAVE TO BE a favorite customer to make any $$$ on a regular basis.

15. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

you mean to tell me that you honestly believe that the US Mint is favoring customers one over another intentionally?

I don't believe that for a second. What I think is that some of these "favorites" are just on the ball. They watch upcoming products and they make every effort to get online in time.

Does luck play into it? In cases like the 2017 congratulations set, yes... but overall, it's just hard work and discipline, not favoritism.

16. There are people reporting that they got in well within the first two minutes and that their orders are still backordered, while many others already have theirs in hand. My order is backordered but I ordered the next morning at 7:30am. I'm hoping that the backordered ones have some cool variety...lol. :D

17. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I was done ordering within 15 seconds in tops FWIW

18. jwitten

I've seen a few people that have later order numbers get theirs shipped already. I don't know how they determine shipping order, but it is NOT first in first out, no matter what they say.

19. jwitten

But there is literally no way to get EVERY person a "present" like this. That's what makes them a present. If there are tons of them, it is nothing special. All you can do as a collector is BE INFORMED, mainly by being on forums like this. These were posted (and most ignored the fact that it would likely be a present).

baseball21, Cascade and mikenoodle like this.
  20. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

much like the 2014 Coin and Currency Set.

Most were completely uninterested until it was discovered that the set contained an Enhanced Uncirculated coin, then everyone wanted in.

This forum is a great place to learn facts like these in advance.

jwitten and -jeffB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.